AFIII "Flying In A Blue Dream"

Saw Joe Live with Chris Deuarte at Bogarts in Cincinnati and got pictures of both of them and Saw Steve Vai at the Vouge in Indianapolis and got pictures of him as well.
Ride is such a great song saw Joe in Tallahassee at the moon a long Time ago. And then more recently at the house of blues in Atlanta with Chicken Foot Awesome. :cool:

Saw Joe Live with Chris Deuarte at Bogarts in Cincinnati and got pictures of both of them and Saw Steve Vai at the Vouge in Indianapolis and got pictures of him as well.
That’s Awesome joe is one Awesome musician And one of my favorites.
And it was the The Tabernacle not the house of blues that I saw Chicken foot. I can’t remember who I am lolo_O:)

I asked him once about Bells of Lal, which is the last one on that album, you can feel the tone of his hands on it.... anyway he answered this

"On that song I was using a silver face Fender Pro Reverb amp with a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal, and put an AKG C12-A microphone up close to the grill."

Thought that might be interesting and come in handy, although his DS-1 is very modded.

This was my attempt at this a couple of years ago. I love to share it because its soo bad in a few places

Thanks for sharing! Yes, this is definitely not a "beginner" song. It's bloody hard :)

Next song I'm tackling is Cliffs of Dover. It's interesting unlocking the approaches of the masters. That's how you evolve your playing. Was it Theloneous Monk who said regarding learning music, "It's all there on the records"

I've got to say Flying and Surfing are two great back to back albums. I also really like is 1995 self-titled album and his latest, Shapeshifting, is awesome. I'm getting the vinyl of Shapeshifting for Father's Day tomorrow :) (my wife and I share the same Amazon account)

Discovered him with 'Flying', and at the same event heard Passion and Warfare for the first time. It really changed my world...

Back
Top Bottom