AFIII "Flying In A Blue Dream"

Ben Randolph

Power User
This was a real challenge to learn. I tried it nearly 10 years ago. At the time, this song was still a bridge too far for me, but I told myself I'd go back and learn it when my playing had developed.

I'm using a Marshall JVM model (JS410 Lead Orange) in the AxeFX III with digital stereo delay, rich hall reverb and a tube screamer drive block pushing the amp. This patch is using an Ownhammer Marshall 412 cab block and a factory 412 Pre-Rola GB 57C cab.

The guitar is an '87 Ibanez RG 550 with DiMarzio Gravity Storm pickups.

Last edited:
Good work Ben!
Thanks
Pauly

This was a real challenge to learn. I tried it nearly 10 years ago. At the time, this song was still a bridge too far for me, but I told myself I'd go back and learn it when my playing had developed.

I'm using a Marshall JVM model (JS410 Lead Orange) in the AxeFX III with digital stereo delay, rich hall reverb and a tube screamer drive block pushing the amp. This patch is using an Ownhammer Marhsall 412 cab block and a factory 412 Pre-Rola GB 57C cab.

Joes the man !

I'm using a Marshall JVM model (JS410 Lead Orange) in the AxeFX III with digital stereo delay, rich hall reverb and a tube screamer drive block pushing the amp. This patch is using an Ownhammer Marshall 412 cab block and a factory 412 Pre-Rola GB 57C cab.

Attachments

• mine 1 .png
    mine 1 .png
    393 KB · Views: 15
  • mine 2 .png
    mine 2 .png
    340.2 KB · Views: 14

That was awesome great sound:)

Not a bad price if it's in good shape. Mine (the one I played on this track) has had a lot of wear. It's 33 years old and, judging from the fretboard, was played a lot. It's been refretted at least once, my tech is pretty sure. Used RG550's are great values. Mine has a super comfortable neck. It came modded, but the mods that were there I liked (an FU Tone brass block and DiMarzio Gravity Storms in the neck and bridge and a DiMarzio Chopper in the middle position).

The neck has a slight twist in it. My tech says this is common in guitars this old and not something to worry about. He's adjusted the frets to compensate. It feels as comfortable as an old pair of jeans, plays like a dream and, well, you hear how it sounds :cool:

here is an original Ibanez rg550 I found for sale. made in Japan. Im just not in to the bright maple neck or I would buy it for myself.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/d/chicago-ibanez-rg550-guitar-mij-japan/7142936766.html

Back
Top Bottom