Flying In A Blue Dream

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi !
Many many many years ago , a very good friend of mine , Harm Dinkla , showed me the first Instrumental Rock album I had ever heard from Mr Joe Satriani and its first track ' Flying In A Blue Dream ' .

Well , it is an understatement if I say that that song changed my life !
I knew immediately that this was the path for me to walk on and so it all started
1f642.png
:)

Short version : I felt the time to be right , now to show my respect for this song and Joe Satriani not only as one of the greatest Guitar players on this planet but also as an amazing Musician and human being.

Big thanks to Jon Symons / Guitarjon (Ex-Intwine) & owner of Sonic Drive Studio for recording the full backing track ( Drums , Bass , Rhythm Guitars , Keys), mixing & mastering....an amazing Guitar player / Producer too and a very friendly dude
1f642.png

Gear used :
- Fractal Audio Axe FX
- Basta 7 String Baritone , my own signature model
1f642.png

Hope you like it & please share
1f642.png

Nicely done! I was jamming along to this track the other week and nailed all the feedback parts using a Digitech Freqout pedal. Great bit of kit and my neighbours love me for buying it!

sound fantastic bro!!is there any chance to get the preset?

Thanks !
Actually I just used :
Amp : JS410 Lead Orange with Gain / Overdrive on 6 , Low-cut On , rest default settings
Cab : ML PR75 SM57-SM57 01 with Low-cut 100hz , Hicut 12K
Dual delays in tempo on 1/8 L , 1/8dotted R
And in my DAW I did some more low cutting till 200hz to fit my own home mix.

BUT I don't know if @Guitarjon used that dry sound (without delays) or reamped it......He might chime in....

Have fun :D

Nicely done! I was jamming along to this track the other week and nailed all the feedback parts using a Digitech Freqout pedal. Great bit of kit and my neighbours love me for buying it!

hahahah, I could have used it...now neighbours and girlfriend & dog like me a bit less now.....:eek:

Thanks !
Actually I just used :
Amp : JS410 Lead Orange with Gain / Overdrive on 6 , Low-cut On , rest default settings
Cab : ML PR75 SM57-SM57 01 with Low-cut 100hz , Hicut 12K
Dual delays in tempo on 1/8 L , 1/8dotted R
And in my DAW I did some more low cutting till 200hz to fit my own home mix.

BUT I don't know if @Guitarjon used that dry sound (without delays) or reamped it......He might chime in....

Have fun :D
thank you!!i will try those setting on my AX8.

wow great job on this! I covered this one too a few years back (also on a 7 string :) ) and you did it more
justice than I did that's for sure LOL!

Back
Top Bottom