"Flying High Again" Guitar Cover

Lee2216

Inspired
We are quickly coming upon the 34th anniversary of Randy's passing so I wanted to dedicate this one to him. This one was really fun to do. After I did the tone match and popped on the headphones to record, the tone seemed very underwhelming and to say the least not very good. Once I triple tracked all the guitars like Randy did that seemed to be the key. I'm going to post an audio clip and a video clip so I apologize if I'm being redundant.

Love the song!! Love the cover!! yess mate, well played nice one! A real salute to metal that, well done! x

Well done Maestro!
Thanks for listening!
My favorite RR solo.. nicely done sir!
Thank you sir!
Love the song!! Love the cover!! yess mate, well played nice one! A real salute to metal that, well done! x
Thanks!
Sweet! How did you craft the tone?
I just used an isolated guitar track from youtube and used a similar amp and cab that Randy used along with his signal chain and I added some post eq in my daw as well. That's about it. To be honest I don't really understand what half of the knobs do in Axe Edit so I'm slowly learning. I try to always go with what always works....the ears. I go with what sounds good!

+1 - sounds great. I think Randy's sound is thin when isolated but its amazing how well it fits in the mix.

That's about as close as anyone is gonna get to the sound and technique! Congratulations to you...that's quite an achievement! To my ears it IS the original track! Where is the patch? I wanna download that one!

That's about as close as anyone is gonna get to the sound and technique! Congratulations to you...that's quite an achievement! To my ears it IS the original track! Where is the patch? I wanna download that one!
Thanks for the kind words Steve. I believe you found the patch. Hope you have fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom