FLOYD!

Great live band, very accomplished musicians who put on a great show. Like Cobbler I've never really been struck on tribute acts but the Brit Floyd (and Aussie Floyd) are an exception. The guitar tones are a real highlight of the show.

So M@, how about it, can you rustle up some Floyd artist tones one way or another? You'd make a lot of people very happy.

Great live band, very accomplished musicians who put on a great show. Like Cobbler I've never really been struck on tribute acts but the Brit Floyd (and Aussie Floyd) are an exception. The guitar tones are a real highlight of the show.

So M@, how about it, can you rustle up some Floyd artist tones one way or another? You'd make a lot of people very happy.

I think well done tribute bands are a good thing, as there is 1 or 2 generations that didn't get the opportunity to experience a true Floyd show (Roger's Wall Tour is still pretty fantastic though). We don't want to see great music, and real musicianship die out, just because bands are no longer touring. Kids shouldn't grow up thinking a pop-star lipsyncing while gyrating on a male dancer is what a concert experience is about.

Granted, lots of "tributes" are nothing more than poorly done cover bands, but when done, with a real love of the original material and chops to match, its a cool thing.

Brit Floyd was among the best concert values I've paid to see in quite some time. Wayyyyyy cheaper than what the Wall Tour cost

Brit Floyd was among the best concert values I've paid to see in quite some time. Wayyyyyy cheaper than what the Wall Tour cost
True, but my recollection of the (PA) sound quality at Pink Floyd's show at Mile High Stadium (Division Bell Tour) exceeded what I heard from Brit Floyd at Red Rocks.

True, but my recollection of the (PA) sound quality at Pink Floyd's show at Mile High Stadium (Division Bell Tour) exceeded what I heard from Brit Floyd at Red Rocks.

I was at the show.. was it like 1994? I sat right in front of the NORML group.. a bunch of them. That was fun..
Killer show indeed..

I was at the show.. was it like 1994? I sat right in front of the NORML group.. a bunch of them. That was fun..
Killer show indeed..
I think they swung through Denver in May '94.

Speaking of NORML, there was way more weed at the 2014 Brit Floyd show than at the '94 Pink Floyd concert. Guess NORML got their wish here in Colorado.

Gilmour is my favorite player to just listen to over the decades, the guy is a monster tonesmith. I've seen some dreadful tribute bands, but am always glad when a great production gets its due. As many here already know, hearing a great tone and duplicating it are two different things. It's not just the patches, that's for sure.

I got to see Brit Floyd for the second time a couple of weeks ago in Stavanger, Norway. They were absolutely brilliant, just like last year. I think the guitars sounded even better than last year. I knew they were using Axe FX 2s this time, so that was extra interesting for me as a long time Fractal fan (I've followed the Axe FX since March 2007)

Sorrow sounded immense! I wonder if that was all Axe FX or if it was also the Boss rack FX unit

Bobby is a mate of mine. Chat most days on Facebook.

Ask him for some patches, and then share them with the rest of us lol!

Tell him I really enjoy his Frethub instruction as well. Some people might find it to have a bit too much talking, but I think he does a great job really explaining concepts and building upon past skills. Fantastic resource for the beginning player and rather kind having a personal tutor instead of just a bunch of random internet clips.

Back
Top Bottom