floyd tones

figero

i am new to this forum and i am considering buying the axefx, however before i do, my main tone i am after is the later floyd sound ie pulse, delicate sound of thunder etc. i know there is more to getting this tone than just an effect unit, and its from the soul but to get close has always been my hope non the less. are there any preloaded patches that come close to my desired tone, that i can play around with?

my setup is as follows

1993 special edition strat with custom shop wound texas specials gol hardware etc, ( had since new )

custom shop master built 1983 (57) reissue vintage, gold hardware, c profile 7.25 radius maple neck, emg dg20 active pickup system, candy apple red ( real beauty )

ibanez S5470 prestige dark blue mist (beauty)

jackson pc 1, with sustainer pickup ( beauty )

amp and effects

very old ibanez 50/50 sterio valve amp ( racked )
jmp i pre amp
tc electronics t force
tc electronics g major
marshall rack effects unit
roland CS6 pre amp/effect unit
boss gx700 rack effects unit
alessis compressor ( rack )
lexicon jam man delay/ loop ( rack )
berhinger reverb ( rack )
32 band graphic eq (rack )

2 x steve v legacy 50/50 sterio cabs, celestion vintage 30 greenbacks enclosed.

2 X marshall power breaks.

any advice would probably sway me one way or another to purchase

kind regards bob

The Gilmore preset gets you in the ball park but you need to mod it some depending on the exact tone and effects your going after. The Axe can do a very good job at replacing all the gear you have currently, though you may want to hold on to it for reference tones if you buy the Axe. It will help you dial in things closer, once you get the hang of tuning the Axe you could ether park your existing gear or sell it.

hi sixstring, thanks for the reply, as you can see i have a lot of gear to lug around but i doubt i would sell it as i would never really get my money back and it has cost me an awful lot of money. i am extreemly close to the pulse/ delicate sound of thunder tones anyway but with an awful lot of knob turning hear and there. anyway i will consider the awxfx as a future purchase.

thanks for your reply

bob

Take a look (and a listen) to Pinktones web, a great Pink Floyd tribute band from Spain: http://www.pinktones.net/

The guitarist (pssst in this forum, nice guy and great guitarist) uses the Axe direct to FOH (on stage he plays with iems and uses monitor only to get feedback) and, as you can hear, he nails the Gilmour sound.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom