Floyd Rose with threaded collar on bar

Yes. I couldn't find a shop in Europe that sells these.
It took about 10 days to ship from Japan to Belgium.
Taxes are high here. I paid 45,5€ on 149 € - 30%.
Installing is a breeze.
And they work just fine.
I ordered two for a Floyd Rose and one for my Ibanez with a Lo Pro Edge.
I haven't tried the intonation tool yet.

Last edited:
I just ordered. I have not idea what the P.O. said, but hopefully I get an arm from Japan in a couple of weeks and my PayPal account stays safe.

Would love to get your thoughts as well. I've been eyeing these, but I have 3 (soon to be 5) Floyds in my collection and at $50/ea it's a bit pricey. Wondering if they're worth it.

Would love to get your thoughts as well. I've been eyeing these, but I have 3 (soon to be 5) Floyds in my collection and at $50/ea it's a bit pricey. Wondering if they're worth it.

I will let you know. I checked out w/ pay pal and the writing was in Japanese (I think).

I installed an original Floyd on the Warmoth build I did this year and compared to the Floyd on my Charvel, it's got some play unless it's tightened fairly snug. I like them lose because my guitar hero EVH did too. I also like to be able tighten them on the fly so I can do my Brad Gillis imitation ..lol. The one on the Warmoth just has a cheap feel to it. I also have an old RG550 with an Edge Floyd. I don't really worry about that one. It's old, lose and still cool.

At $50 per, it is pricey compared to the total cost of a Floyd. I wouldn't normally buy this, but since I spec'd the Warmoth, I want every thing on that to be to my satisfaction. The graphics on the bar itself look pretty cool too. I hope that shows once it's installed.

I can't stand having any "slack" in the bar. I just want it to be smooth and fluid, no slop. I'm ok with the bar swinging loose as long as there isn't any play in the female side of the equation. I'm not sure why they don't tighten up the tolerance on those particular specs.

Keep in mind this is a quick, hack fix. It does work on almost any type of trem bar...
Cut off a small piece, 1/2" or so and lay it over the hole as you insert the bar.

Last edited:
Where exactly do you apply the plumbers tape?
On the bar itself, not really a good fix on a Floyd. OK on a vintage strat trem that you can't modify (vintage value) but the bushing on the insert in the baseplate should be a piston smooth slop free fit and the collar is only there for swing tension. IME on German floyds it is and a tiny dab of grease will make it work as intended. The problems come from OEM Korean Floyds and cheap replacement bars.

So the bar came in a few days ago, just after I changed strings. It appears that I have to take the bridge off the saddle bolts to make the replacement, which is a pain in the butt. I've gotten used to changing strings on a Floyd two at a time so I don't lose the float position. I'm not looking forward to making the switch and probably won't do it until next string change. I will say that the bar is heavier than my other floyd bars. You can barely see the Japanese writing on the bar. I thought it was a cool touch though.

So, no review yet other than to say I'm not looking forward to the install.

I just pull out the springs and make sure they go back in the same order.
I can then easily remove the bridge with the strings attached.
Replace the bar.
Put the bridge back
Put the springs back in the same order as they came out.
Wiggle the bar
Adjust the finetuners if needed
Done
5 min tops

No you don't . Just unbolt it from underneath and tap the bushing from the back. It will drop out and allow you to put the new one in place and the bolt can be tightened from the back.

I just pull out the springs and make sure they go back in the same order.
I can then easily remove the bridge with the strings attached.
Replace the bar.
Put the bridge back
Put the springs back in the same order as they came out.
Wiggle the bar
Adjust the finetuners if needed
Done
5 min tops
Same ;)

I was going to try Teflon tape, maybe I’ll try the aluminum tape to keep the bar nut tight

Back
Top Bottom