Floyd Rose, fret buzz

BaronVonGrim

Power User
Have a new guitar with a buzzing high E. It's not a buzz, but sounds like a sitar. Very even .
When I pick the string fairly moderately I get it, soft picking no.

One thing about my evh floyd, and now the same with the gotoh floyd. I always have to tighten in the high E. I loosen the nut, loosen up the bridge adjustment, lock it down... but I eventually end up screwing in the bridge tuner. Is this something I am doing during the every day fine tuning.

The bridge tuner was screwed all the way in, and I just loosened it up... now the buzz is gone. It's a floating system, I took pressure off one side.. so unlocking the nut and tuners, then loosening the bridge tuners out... does that and just the string height in any way?

sounds like you have an issue with the string saddle. if you only hear the buzz after the fine tuner has been screwed in some. The saddle does roll back and forth as the fine tuner is adjusted, there maybe a place in the saddle that the string is not tight on the saddle, or the string may not be centered perfectly.

I just had this same problem .... take that advice on the saddle... I chucked a whole new Floyd in mine to address...fixed it but more expensive solution by far.

Back
Top Bottom