Floyd Equipped guitar

edawterb

Experienced
Hey guys and.... er gals. I'm on the hunt for a floyd rose equipped geetar. I'm thinking around 3500 is my limit. I've looked at the ESP horizons and MII's...the new satch model in purple. Can I get some thoughts on what your choices would be and why? I'll probably have to order one because nobody stocks that high end of a guitar around here. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys and.... er gals. I'm on the hunt for a floyd rose equipped geetar. I'm thinking around 3500 is my limit. I've looked at the ESP horizons and MII's...the new satch model in purple. Can I get some thoughts on what your choices would be and why? I'll probably have to order one because nobody stocks that high end of a guitar around here. Thanks in advance.

Tom Anderson.

I have two, a USA Jackson HH Soloist. Black. Ebony board with shark fin inlays. Original FR. Classic rock machine all stock.

And a much cheaper Charvel HH black body with a maple fingerboard. I put my old DiMarzio's from the 70's in this one.

LOVE the Charvel and never play the Jackson. The Jackson is in my "to be sold" bunch of guitars. Sometimes a cheaper instrument just does it for me.

Ever consider a PRS Custom 24 floyd?
http://davesguitar.com/products/paul-reed-smith/floyd-custom-24-2/
223834-1000x696.jpg

It's purple too!

Last edited:
...the new satch model in purple.
I have a white JS2400, got a great deal on it used, it's one of the best guitars I've played. The Edge tremolo is one of the best floyds on the market. If I had the money I would really consider the Ibanez J-Custom line.

I also prefer the Ibanez edge trems... but I also really like the floyd on my PRS custom 24. Of course, a PRS custom floyd might be a little over 3500 if bought brand new.

Back
Top Bottom