• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Flowchart on copy/paste Block

mwd

Forum Addict
So many times when I copy and paste a block, be it a Drive, Amp or Cab block, it doesn't paste what I just copied.

I like a drive in one preset so I copy it via menu copy or Command C and then go to new preset and highlight existing block and paste via menu or Command V and it paste something totally different than what I copied.

What am I missing in the flowchart of copy and paste?

unix-guy

Legend!
Yes, as Chris mentioned, it copies the whole block and by default (I think) will be on Channel A when you paste it. So, if you're on (for example) Channel C when you copy then it may appear different when you paste.

Also, you can use Axe-Edit to copy/paste a Channel instead, which might be what you want.

As far as I remember this is no different than the Axe Fx II except you have 4 Channels instead of X/Y.

eda123

Inspired
How do you copy a channel only? I see reference that old beta versions had this but I don’t see it in the latest production axe edit.

Joe Bfstplk

Inspired
From memory, you right click on the Channel (in the left pane). There is a context menu there.
Also from memory, I think you are correct.

I have been copying the individual channels from the ML Toosie+ pack into two channels of one amp block to make a preset with them, so I know copy-pasting via the clipboard works from one preset to another.

#3 and #5 ended up bein the pair I settled on....

It would be cool if the copy/paste block in AxeEdit also copied the "Channel Selection per Scene" data... either by default, or if there was a second paste option "Paste with all Scene Channel Data"

mwd

Forum Addict
The obvious buzz kill is the layout of the new scene having to match the layout of the preset. I needed one scene in a preset as a lead. Took me a good while to find common ground and rearrange the preset to accept the new scene. Until a scene is truly it's own 'preset in a preset' instead of a 'current state of the blocks' I think it would be hard to implement.

Top Bottom