Flock of Seagulls I Ran

Dolan

Inspired
Hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I'd like a little help with the delay settings for this tune. I've got the tone down and the tempo, but I want the repeats to be as long as the original notes. Does that make any sense? I know I'm not explaining it correctly. Check out where the guitarist comes in at 1:24:

Jack that feedback way up and you're good to go. Pretty easy sound to cop with a Twin and a Rat. Very 80s setup.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 5.34.24 PM.png
Dialed in using my EOB Strat if you need a reference for the guitar used.

Attachments

• [iaresee] I Ran.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 94
I used to play that in a band, and just getting the repeats to the correct time and regen, was pretty easy. The first time I played it at rehearsal, the whole band was like, wow! REALLY fun solo to play, awash in delay! (Ooh that rhymed.)

I play that song in a cover band - I use the 10-tap delay for the pentuplet repeats, but I use a basic delay first to give the drummer a quarter-note count-in then switch over to the 10-tap delay.

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I'd like a little help with the delay settings for this tune. I've got the tone down and the tempo, but I want the repeats to be as long as the original notes. Does that make any sense? I know I'm not explaining it correctly. Check out where the guitarist comes in at 1:24:

That was awesome Thanks for sharing. I love that song.

Jack that feedback way up and you're good to go. Pretty easy sound to cop with a Twin and a Rat. Very 80s setup.

View attachment 82977
Very cool that is such a cool song Thanks for sharing the preset.

View attachment 82977
Man, that sounds great! What do you think is added into the chain to get the solo tone at 3:29? Doesn't sound like a Rat to me. How did you handle the solo?

Man, that sounds great! What do you think is added into the chain to get the solo tone at 3:29? Doesn't sound like a Rat to me. How did you handle the solo?
Hmm. Try channel B on the drive block? I'll have to think about it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom