Flexi-Rig. A Kitchen Sink Preset for free download.

Burgs

Power User
Getting my FM9 Monday and can't wait to try these out-all very good and diverse sounding usable / gigable sounds...Thanks for the work and the preset!

Yet another 'kitchen sink' preset you might like to muck about with. I'm hitting the road again in a few weeks and wanted to use a shiny new preset inclusive of some of the new goodies found in FW 20.04 and FW 3.00 for the Axe-FX III and FM9 respectively.

A demo/explanation of what's going on...

Download links:

FM9 Version: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9824
Axe-FX III Version: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9823

Couple of questions. What is your layout like for this preset? how Do you optimally go between scenes and effects? Does the aurora delay have a built in chorus? I thought I saw some chorus stuff in the aurora block info. Since the preset has room For extra stuff/blocks, how would you go about adding them? Would you set up a fx loop with send & return in a separate row?

Sounds GREAT!
Thanks, Matt!
Great sounds and video Burgs! And all at 50-60% CPU usage.
Thanks. Yeah, plenty of room for more.
Getting my FM9 Monday and can't wait to try these out-all very good and diverse sounding usable / gigable sounds...Thanks for the work and the preset!
No probs. You will love your new machine, I'm sure.
Couple of questions. What is your layout like for this preset? how Do you optimally go between scenes and effects? Does the aurora delay have a built in chorus? I thought I saw some chorus stuff in the aurora block info. Since the preset has room For extra stuff/blocks, how would you go about adding them? Would you set up a fx loop with send & return in a separate row?
1. My layout is a modified version of the OMG9. I can upload it here if you're interested.
2. I keep my main Scenes on the bottom row. They're typically amp selections with some room/delay. The hold function beneath each of those Scenes is usually Drive on/off, so I have plenty of dynamics and don't need to wander far. However, Effects (general on/off) is only a switch away.
3. Aurora: Some modulation, yes.
4. I'd add blocks anywhere as needed, shifting others left or right as needed. The send and return blocks to stretch to an extra is handy, yes, although I rarely use them unless I'm writing something way outside like the Starwards* preset.
*Written for Axe-FX III. There is no FM9 version yet.
Really great sounds.
Thanks Yek. That means a lot coming from the master himself. Cheers.

Spectacular! What an awesome rig.
Every scene sounds magic and perfectly balanced.

Can’t wait to be back at my machines and load this up for a spin.

Thanks, Matt!

Thanks. Yeah, plenty of room for more.

No probs. You will love your new machine, I'm sure.

1. My layout is a modified version of the OMG9. I can upload it here if you're interested.
2. I keep my main Scenes on the bottom row. They're typically amp selections with some room/delay. The hold function beneath each of those Scenes is usually Drive on/off, so I have plenty of dynamics and don't need to wander far. However, Effects (general on/off) is only a switch away.
3. Aurora: Some modulation, yes.
4. I'd add blocks anywhere as needed, shifting others left or right as needed. The send and return blocks to stretch to an extra is handy, yes, although I rarely use them unless I'm writing something way outside like the Starwards* preset.
*Written for Axe-FX III. There is no FM9 version yet.

Thanks Yek. That means a lot coming from the master himself. Cheers.
Would love to check out the layout!

And I guess I’m confused but how would you shift current blocks left or right to make room for something else if you used up all the room in the row?

Here's my current Layout. I need to streamline it a bit, but you'll get the idea. Generally I have the machine boot into the Presets Layout, with my current favourite preset in Pos. 1, then it's just a matter of selecting Scenes or Effects and going for it.

Attachments

• all-layouts_Brett K 30 Aug 22.fclayout
    84.6 KB · Views: 47
Loaded to the FM9. This preset is sounding superb. Going to give it a workout at next weekend's gig.
Looks like the workout of this preset will be postponed until next weekend.

Have a Super Typhoon and Tropical Depression bearing down on Okinawa - see yellow arrow.AB93EBB1-FAEC-41BB-9F90-C1C2158BC699.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom