Wish "Flattening" or "Baking" of cab mixes

phil92

Experienced
it would be amazing if you had a feature in the cab block to bake your current cab mix into one user IR.

Excluding preamp and room settings, but including alignment, smoothing and proximity if possible.

Cab-Lab can help here. You won't get the smooth and room stuff, but alignment can be mixed down with it.

that's what I thought, and I was ready to purchase, but then I read you cant load your factory cabs into cab lab...

that's what I thought, and I was ready to purchase, but then I read you cant load your factory cabs into cab lab...
For the III, at least, most of the factory IRs in the non-Legacy bank are purchasable in a Cab-Lab-friendly format from the online store. They're all from IR packs.

For the III, at least, most of the factory IRs in the non-Legacy bank are purchasable in a Cab-Lab-friendly format from the online store. They're all from IR packs.

I know, and I am aware you are trying to help and I'm also sure these cab packs provide tons of additional value, but I still think this feature would be neat:

you're working on your tone, everything sounds awesome, you only need to drop a flanger into your preset but the CPU is maxed out. AHA! Flatten 4 IRs into one with the touch of a button, bam: 10% CPU saved.

Also, this could be used to transport cab mixes with more than two cabs from the Axe III to the FM3. That would be a godsend for those who record with the Axe III and gig with the FM3.

IIRC the Far Field Cab Pack comes in a format you can only load to the AxeFX III (and the FM3, I suppose), I know because I tried to load one IR to the AX8 once and both the cab manager and Fractal Bot didn't let me.

So, the option to export your cab mixes into a single .syx file would be awesome and I guess using the same format as the aforementioned Cab Pack guarantees the file being for exclusive use of the Axe FX III/FM3 line.

Create a tone match of the cab block and save the results to a User IR slot.

If you want to capture the stereo mix, create two tone matches using the left and right channels as the source separately and save the results as two separate L and R User IRs.

Would be really cool to have that option built into the cab block though.

Back
Top Bottom