Flanger

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
For as complex as it is, once I finally figured it out, the Axe FX II flanger is awesome. There are many parameters that can be changed, and it's necessary to know what each one does, not unlike everything else on the Axe.

I've commented many times on how I thought it could be improved (having tried many flangers and most recently owned the Strymon Orbit and Mobius, which are awesome and easy to use). But, I'm completely satisfied. Love the FX on the Axe.

One very happy customer.

There are many parameters that can be changed, and it's necessary to know what each one does, not unlike everything else on the Axe.

This shouldn't be the case though. Playing the guitar well is hard enough. Effects should be butt head simple at getting stellar sounds.....4 knobs & no more

For as complex as it is, once I finally figured it out, the Axe FX II flanger is awesome. There are many parameters that can be changed, and it's necessary to know what each one does, not unlike everything else on the Axe.

I've commented many times on how I thought it could be improved (having tried many flangers and most recently owned the Strymon Orbit and Mobius, which are awesome and easy to use). But, I'm completely satisfied. Love the FX on the Axe.

One very happy customer.

Maybe you could give us some tips what to do.. I love flangers but it can be hard to nail certain tones with them. Van Halens Unchained is a great flanger tone (effect)but not so easy to replicate!!!

Im having the same problem! I havent been able to ge that swooshy VH type flange, or the flange you can hear for example in "Sworn to the black" by Morbid Angel. That is my go to flange sound. Rhythmic, ideal for riffs and with a long defined sweep.

This shouldn't be the case though. Playing the guitar well is hard enough. Effects should be butt head simple at getting stellar sounds.....4 knobs & no more

If you want to keep it simple you can. However, for really shaping the flanger sound I want they are indispensable. You can stick with the standard knobs if you wish (delay time, depth, feedback, rate). The types can take care of the rest for you.

The biggest tip for really sculpting a flanger sound is to turn off auto depth and adjust the depth/rate ratio by ear. IMO the delay time is probably one of the single most important parameters. It really is what distinguishes a lot of flangers from each other.

Back
Top Bottom