FL Studio Using Axefx3 as interface

Sinapathy

Hi guys

so my question is, does anyone know how to use the axfx3 as an audio interface with fl studio, is this even possible ? i can connect via the usb and record guitar fine using the axe fx asio driver aswell as asio for all and than selecting the ax but doing so means i cant monitor it, there aint no outputs. i literally have to swap asio drivers to something that has usable outputs for headphones to hear back how the recording sounded, any help or if someone knows whats missing could be helpful cheers sinapathy.

also those who comment just to tell me not to use fl, the gear page is a waiting for you ...

So none of the Axe III's USB outs are showing up when you select Fractal's ASIO driver? You should see 8 inputs and 8 outputs. Make sure your sample rate is set to 48 kHz and bit depth is set to 24 bit. The Axe III is fixed at those specs.

Thanks for the replies guys, yes the sample rate is at 48kHz and bit depth is set to 24 bits, I see the 8 inputs and can assign them in fl Studio but not the outputs as of yet.

so the solution to the original problem was simply plugging in headphones to the axe. which kind of makes sense and me feel dum dum for not doing this first/sooner, but this also brings other problems. by doing this I only hear the axe and tracks in FL studio but nothing else from pc. this leads to having to swap headphones or asio drivers constantly if trying to compare something.

so my new Question is can I have the axefx3 as input into FL studio using the axefx3 as interface while having output to pc allowing normal pc audio use ?

If you are getting output to the headphone jack, you should be getting output to the Output 1 jacks as well. Those two share the exact same output signal and both are controlled by the Out 1 knob on the front panel. Are your monitors plugged into the Output 1 Left and Right jacks?

no, as im using output 1 to my ss power amp and cab, but I wish to use just the computer outputs to monitor ie plug my headphones into pc ( i dont have any speakers only headphones and my cab)

Playback through USB Out 1 and 2 only goes to the Output 1 jacks and headphone jacks. They are not copied to any of the other outputs. If you want USB playback to any other output jacks, you have to send it to USB Outs 7 and 8 in your DAW, put the USB In block on the grid, and connect it to the corresponding Out block for the Output jacks you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom