Fl Studio/Axe FX III Recording Latency (not tracking)

ClownBaby

Hey guys.

When recording tracks I'm noticing Fl Studio is placing them a bit behind of where I am playing them. I'm pretty certain it's not my playing and something to do with my driver settings. I feel like I must have ticked some wrong settings somewhere in my ASIO panel. Does anyone have any advice?

This might be caused by a flaw in the AxeFX III/FM3. It's hard to say, and Fractal Audio hasn't commented on any of the many threads that have reported this problem, so the cause remains a mystery.

Almost all DAWs have a preference you can set to correct this misalignment. It's a shame a workaround is necessary, but it's a pretty simple workaround, so it's hard to complain.

It sure would help if Fractal Audio could confirm what the source of the problem is and hopefully fix it if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use FL Studio, and a little latency is expected with any DAW. Depending on how powerful your CPU is, you can adjust your buffer settings to minimize it.

I also use FL Studio, and a little latency is expected with any DAW. Depending on how powerful your CPU is, you can adjust your buffer settings to minimize it.
recorded/midi audio should always land exactly where it is played in the project...he is not talking about the audio/midi latency for playback. you are mixing up 2 different things. since i don't use(never did) Axe FX as an Audio interface i can't say anything about this but just wanted to clarify.

recorded/midi audio should always land exactly where it is played in the project...he is not talking about the audio/midi latency for playback. you are mixing up 2 different things. since i don't use(never did) Axe FX as an Audio interface i can't say anything about this but just wanted to clarify.
This. It’s a confusing topic and misunderstandings usually happen whenever this subject comes up.

IMHO Fractal Audio could help people out by documenting the problem and workaround in the user manual. If you look at the number of times this comes up on the forum, I think it’s reasonable to conclude this is important information to share with customers.

Last edited:
My mistake

This might be caused by a flaw in the AxeFX III/FM3. It's hard to say, and Fractal Audio hasn't commented on any of the many threads that have reported this problem, so the cause remains a mystery.

Almost all DAWs have a preference you can set to correct this misalignment. It's a shame a workaround is necessary, but it's a pretty simple workaround, so it's hard to complain.

It sure would help if Fractal Audio could confirm what the source of the problem is and hopefully fix it if possible.
Setting an offset does not work for me, unfortunately. The amount of offset changes at what seems like random. I've tested this many times, tried countless iterations of every fix I could find. Even reset and tried different versions of my DAW (Reaper). Different computers. Still can't figure out how to get it to work reliably.

I have ticket in with Fractal where I tried to be extensive in the documentation of my steps, so hopefully they have some advice for a fix. Otherwise I'm just going to have suck it up and stick a "click" on every track to manually align to...which isn't going to be a fun process.

I was also tired of messing around with latency compensation values. Some people never have this problem, some have it suddenly after an update and so on. I got myself a month ago a Focusrite 18i20 third generation (500 Euro) which is connected via SPDIF with the AXE FX3. Everything seems to work fine. I am using Logic Pro, but I think this might also be a good solution for Windows Users. OK, reamping seems to be easier via USB, but I never do that.

Back
Top Bottom