Fizz on Maz-38

greiswig

Power User
I've heard this fizz elsewhere, too, but I've often heard it said that the real amp does it.

I went back to revisit an old friend, the Maz 38 amp. I swear, this ought to be clean sounding at this setting, and the fizzy buzz I'm hearing shouldn't be there. I've attached a preset with the 38 on amp channel A, and a similar AC-20 on channel B. The AC-20 doesn't do that.

All settings on each should be pretty much stock except for the input gain and the bass knob. Are others hearing this? I hear it using both my Tele and my humbucker guitar.

Attachments

• Fizz on 38.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
I used a Maz 38 for years and I really could never get the Axe to sound quite the same. I think part of it was the Orange Squeezer, which should be easy to dial in on the Axe, but IDK. I just never got it to feel right.

I can get the FAS Class-A and the AC-20 in to be in the ballpark tonally, but not quite. The Maz has an oomph in the low mids that makes it respond really well to a Tele. But that fizz....nasty.

Sometimes when I got fizz it was caused by too much % too many things in chain that might not be the issue here
but ive experienced it in axe 2 and had to dial things back to stop it......
im far from an axe axepert though I had a great teacher....

Sometimes when I got fizz it was caused by too much % too many things in chain that might not be the issue here
but ive experienced it in axe 2 and had to dial things back to stop it......
im far from an axe axepert though I had a great teacher....

It happens in the preset I attached, that literally only has the minimum four blocks in it. So it’s not CPU. I did play a Max-38, but it was some time ago. I feel like I definitely would have noticed this if the amp had been fizzing to that extent, but maybe the one Cliff used had something unique or faulty in it.

It happens in the preset I attached, that literally only has the minimum four blocks in it. So it’s not CPU. I did play a Max-38, but it was some time ago. I feel like I definitely would have noticed this if the amp had been fizzing to that extent, but maybe the one Cliff used had something unique or faulty in it.
Ah well as Cliff says inherit to the amp then.. I just noted that on some of my patches cpu was high and when I culled some things out it stopped..

Back
Top Bottom