[FIXED] Uh Oh (MIDI bug)

WITELITE

Experienced
I was just testing some midi stuff and the Axe III froze and now boots to a blank screen. The logo comes on and it looks like it loads or tries but then goes blank.

Any troubleshooting steps to recommend?

Help

MM

Sounds like there is a bug related to a MIDI setting. If you are able to reproduce the problem let us know which parameter.

Thanks Cliff. I redid firmware update and same issue. I booted to blank preset and it locked up. I then reset system parameters and all is good. Whew....

For what it's worth guys

- Backup your stuff and system parameters. I was able to reload them Very easily.

-This troubleshooting page may be worth a sticky. I was going to put in a ticket and found it. HUGE thanks!!!!

http://support.fractalaudio.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/28/0/axe-fx-iii-recovery-steps
FWIW, all of that article is taken from the Axe3 User Manual.

@WITELITE - When this happened, were you changing MIDI settings in the SETUP menu, or merely sending MIDI messages to the Axe-Fx III?

Sending midi messages to the axe. However I did set "Send Midi PC" to on. When i do that and i try to send program changes through the Axe, it locks up and creates the issue that is only fixed by resetting system parameters. I can recreate it.

MM

Sending midi messages to the axe. However I did set "Send Midi PC" to on. When i do that and i try to send program changes through the Axe, it locks up and creates the issue that is only fixed by resetting system parameters. I can recreate it.

MM
Sounds like a loop?

Are the midi in/out and usb operating at the same time? There used to be a usb adapter mode on the axe ii but don't see one on the axe iii?

Ooops I just ran into this. I disconnected MIDI and USB but still occurred.

When setting Setup->MIDI/Remote->Program Change to ON and Send MIDI PC to OMNI or the MIDI channel the Axe-Fx is listening too, as soon as you change presets you end up in a midi loop I suppose.

Rebooting resulting in a blank screen as OP stated.
To recover, I held HOME as the Axe-FX booted up - I could then go and change Send MIDI PC to off again.

Sounds like a loop?
Seems like it is yeah.

This happened to me this morning... With FW 1.09 Beta #2....

I was in MIDI/Remote menu changing "Send MIDI PC" to OMNI.

I save myself by holding EDIT while powering up.

Back
Top Bottom