[fixed] Tone Match export sounds nothing like Tone Match block. Help?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be testing here. The sample preset has a TM block and it sounds fine. You can't export a TM to a user IR a posteriori. You have to do the export immediately after creating the IR.

FWIW, if you are matching a guitar the TM block should be at the start of the chain, not after the amp.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be testing here. The sample preset has a TM block and it sounds fine. You can't export a TM to a user IR a posteriori. You have to do the export immediately after creating the IR.

FWIW, if you are matching a guitar the TM block should be at the start of the chain, not after the amp.

So, I followed the exact steps that Cooper Carter does in his master class. His tone match block was also after the amp. And he did the export to a user cab at the same point I did, which was right after creating the tone match. In my case, the export sounds radically different than the tone match block. His does not.

I do take your point that guitar matching should have the TM block first in the chain, though. That makes sense.

When you export the preset tonematch and use it in an irplayer or cab it's a flat ir

It turns out that this particular TM has a lot of high-frequency energy and the peak amplitude of the IR is above the safety limit (which is to prevent corrupted cab data from creating extremely loud levels).

The next firmware release will raise the safety limit.

Just a quick note to say thank you Cliff, the latest firmware allows exporting the tma from a transfered or already saved preset :)

You mean set the level to -9 dB Cab block ?
If the level drops exporting from a TM block.
The reason a ask, is because i have alot of TM presets, and the level is sometimes +5 - and +10 - +3 in the TM block. Would this cause the exported IR file to become +5 - +10 +3.. and so on.. ?

I don`t own a Axe Fx II yet

You mean set the level to -9 dB Cab block ?
If the level drops exporting from a TM block.
The reason a ask, is because i have alot of TM presets, and the level is sometimes +5 - and +10 - +3 in the TM block. Would this cause the exported IR file to become +5 - +10 +3.. and so on.. ?

I don`t own a Axe Fx II yet
+9 dB, the TMA block sounds louder

Back
Top Bottom