FIXED: This Forum's Search Engine will be down for a bit

As a test entered the name of my headphones Audeze which has been discussed several times and got "No Results"

@iaresee might be able to re-index, though I see that other search terms seem to be working back to the earliest posts.

@iaresee might be able to re-index, though I see that other search terms seem to be working back to the earliest posts.
I plan to run a re-index late late tonight. It'll delete the old index before it rebuilds it, so I want to do it off peak use hours.

Were any posts deleted in the process of fixing this? I swear I asked a question, but that post appears to be gone.

Not a big deal, just asking.

Were any posts deleted in the process of fixing this? I swear I asked a question, but that post appears to be gone.

Not a big deal, just asking.
Shouldn’t have been. The search system isn’t coupled tightly to the forum software.

There was a server-level issue last night that lasted for a few minutes that we think triggered the problem with the ElasticSearch, so it’s possible a post submission never made it to the database.

Shouldn’t have been. The search system isn’t coupled tightly to the forum software.

There was a server-level issue last night that lasted for a few minutes that we think triggered the problem with the ElasticSearch, so it’s possible a post submission never made it to the database.
Thanks for getting back, no worries, I'll do it again when I get a chance.

Thanks for all you do!

Back
Top Bottom