[FIXED] Momentary volume jump during preset changes

MKeditor

Experienced
I just began using the RJM Mastermind GT. It's a fab controller. Everything works great except I'm experiencing a momentary volume jump when changing presets. I've used a volume block to control the rig volume since the Ultra days. It seems like the volume level is at 100% when switching presets for just a moment. Any idea what would cause that?

Either you're sending a CC that's turning the volume down post PC value send or you're sending a CC that's momentarily turning it up post PC value send. My money is on the former. Check to make sure you don't have a boost block enabled that the GT is bypassing on preset load? And make certain if you have an expression pedal attached to a port for volume control that the default value if it's unattached is 0%, not 100%?

I just began using the RJM Mastermind GT. It's a fab controller. Everything works great except I'm experiencing a momentary volume jump when changing presets. I've used a volume block to control the rig volume since the Ultra days. It seems like the volume level is at 100% when switching presets for just a moment. Any idea what would cause that?
Save a copy of that preset somewhere. Remove the volume block (replace with shunt). Save. If you change to that preset does it happen still?

This is happening to me also. Pretty noisy if you leave a note ringing out and for the life of me can't find a "midi" reason why it's happening.
However I've just tried something which so far is working.
1. Go into your patch and go to the Volume block.
2. Disable the modifier source (set to none). For me this was set to external 1. Your volume should now be at full.
3. Turn down the volume to zero.
4. Reassign the modifier to your preferred choice. Keep an eye on the min and max level. On one patch it showed 0 for both and had to adjust max to 10.
5. Save your patch
6. Change patches and test to see if now noiseless.

Works for me so interesting to see if it does for others. Not sure if a bug or not. Can't remember it happening on the Ultra or the II but seems to definitely be a volume block issue with the default setting briefly overriding the midi.

On one patch it showed 0 for both and had to adjust max to 10.
this is a known display error where the Knob for Max is at the "0" position, but the value is 10.00 or any other value - the knob is just not displaying correctly.

curious - was PC Reset turned ON in your modifier menu when you did this test?

No it was not. I did try that before trying the volume adjustment but didn't seem to make a difference.
The actual value was at 0 on the modifier for max, not just the display. Had to manually turn to ten. Only happened on one patch though. The rest behaved as should and showed 10 on the value display.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom