[fixed] L/R Levels not Balanced?

mrphlurph

Inspired
I was using this patch for recording the other day and noticed that the outputs for the left and right are not balanced. This is the only preset this is happening and I can't figure it out. The balance on every block is at 12 o'clock. Any ideas as to what's leading to the mismatched outputs?

Attachments

• AC-20 12AX7.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Your post title says Inputs, your post says Outputs.

Where are you seeing the imbalance? On the meters? Or something external?

Go into the layout view and press the Page Right button 1 time.

Now you have meters for in and out on each block. You should be able to find the culprit.

I looked at the meters for each block. The amp block seems to be the most imbalanced and I'm not sure why. The balance nob is at 12:00. Thanks for your help/suggestions

I'm out of town for several days... So I can't load your preset.

Can you post a screenshot from Axe-Edit? Maybe something in the visual will help.

I tried to upload the file and it was too big. I ran a loop and took a few screenshots. The first screenshot showed the left side shows -8.8dB, and the right side is -22.2dB. The second screenshot and the left side at -0.9dB and the right side at -17.4dB. So it seems like 17dB less on the right side. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Yeah, definitely something a bit weird going on. Just loaded that preset up into my III (I don't have any foot controllers so I had to bypass the VolPan blocks) and the output was balanced L/R. Hopefully that helps somewhat

Cool. I will delete the vol block and add it back in. It must be something with that volume block(s). It does not happen with other presets using a similar volume block setup with the same expression pedal. Thx

Cool. I will delete the vol block and add it back in. It must be something with that volume block(s). It does not happen with other presets using a similar volume block setup with the same expression pedal. Thx
Maybe you have it set as a Pan and not Volume?

I have the unbalanced issue on the Dual Clean preset where the OUT1R is 30% louder than OUT1L. This is a factory preset.
Any ideas?

I have the same issue. Amp block way out of balance between L and R. Not set up for stereo or anything.

Haven't checked the preset, but have you checked the Cab block? Some IR's are louder than others, and if you have IR's slightly panned, thats your suspect.

Well, just fixed my problem. Maybe applies to others. In advanced tab of amp block "balance" was set to 60 instead of 0.

Back
Top Bottom