[fixed] FC-6 power issue

Glad its sorted!! Enjoy rocking and rolling

Come to think of it. Wasnt it a discussion somewhere where someone tested several XLR cables and didnt work and turned out they were soldered in some other way to the pins? Or was I just dreaming?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad you got everything sorted! @MrGuitarabuse Never a bad idea, with this sort of unknown, to test cable pin continuity, to rule out issues with pathways. Especially since there are cable variants out there.

I’m glad you got it fixed!

This reinforces an important lesson: FASLink Is very reliable. But if it doesn’t work, the problem is almost always a loose cable.

A word of caution on the testing “phantom power” with a mixer... I understand the FASLINK2 does NOT implement power the same way. I think we had confirmation that a +voltage is on one of the pins and another is ground pin. That is not the same as mic phantom power. Also phantom power from a mixer would be 48volts! Way too much for the FC6 or 12... even if it was implemented the same!!!

I do not know what protection the FCs have for this... so...

DO NOT CONNECT TO A MIC PHANTOM POWER!

A word of caution on the testing “phantom power” with a mixer... I understand the FASLINK2 does NOT implement power the same way. I think we had confirmation that a +voltage is on one of the pins and another is ground pin. That is not the same as mic phantom power. Also phantom power from a mixer would be 48volts! Way too much for the FC6 or 12... even if it was implemented the same!!!

I do not know what protection the FCs have for this... so...

DO NOT CONNECT TO A MIC PHANTOM POWER!
Using this , not using FCD0166703-9CB8-40D1-802D-CE74A86CC44F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom