[fixed] FC-6 power issue

hiluncer

I just got my FC6 , i tried to connect with my fx3 with 1Meter, 5 Meters, 15 Meters XLR cable, but still no power / power on..............anyone can help???? dont know fx3 port problem or FC6 problem...............

I just got my FC6 , i tried to connect with my fx3 with 1Meter, 5 Meters, 15 Meters XLR cable, but still no power / power on..............anyone can help???? dont know fx3 port problem or FC6 problem...............
What’s an FX3?

I guess fx3 means axefx3.

Have you tried powering the fc6 with a suitable power supply (just to check)?

DC. 9V. At least 1000mA centre negative polarity connector.

Also, make sure you're plugging into the correct port on your Axe-Fx III.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This cable is works, I have tested connect from AXE Fx3 to A7x monitor.

Is there anyway to test the port?

Thank you very much .!!!!

This cable is works, I have tested connect from AXE Fx3 to A7x monitor.

Is there anyway to test the port?
Those are the correct ports. There are two possibilities here:

1) It is possible for an XLR cable to pass audio if only two of the three pins are connected. If the cable only has two pins connected, then your monitor might work, but your FC would not. You have tried multiple cables, so it's not likely that this is the problem, but it's still possible.

2) It's possible that there is a problem with the Axe-Fx's FASLink port, either with the power or the data it's sending.

Try this: with the power adapter connected as you show in post #6. connect the XLR also. Then try to communicate with the FC using your Axe-Fx. Use the Setup > FC Controllers menu to test this. If it works, then it's passing data but not power.

It may be time to contact Fractal support.

Are all your cables planet waves? It shouldn’t matter but try another brand as a test if you have some lying around.

Those are the correct ports. There are two possibilities here:

1) It is possible for an XLR cable to pass audio if only two of the three pins are connected. If the cable only has two pins connected, then your monitor might work, but your FC would not. You have tried multiple cables, so it's not likely that this is the problem, but it's still possible.

2) It's possible that there is a problem with the Axe-Fx's FASLink port, either with the power or the data it's sending.

Try this: with the power adapter connected as you show in post #6. connect the XLR also. Then try to communicate with the FC using your Axe-Fx. Use the Setup > FC Controllers menu to test this. If it works, then it's passing data but not power.

It may be time to contact Fractal support.
1. Already tested with 6 XLR cable and still failed,
2. How to test?
3. Tested , in AxeEdit , no device detected......

Now I am asking is there one more FX 3 from my fd for me to test........I think if the result still fail with another 2 or 3 FX 3 , then that’s the FC6 problem..........

Support ask me to open it and check ....... and I have concern about the warranty .............

Thanks your suggestions !!!!!!!!!!

Its hard to see how you wouldn't be having other problems if the "ribbon" cable isn't seated properly... Is that what support asked? (there is another ribbon to this board) but not sure if this one is exclusive to faslink2

1564909309533.png

youtu.be/yEeQCrcdrzA

I follow this one to test, the cables are fine .....

This following info is answered by them:

Hi

It should just work. You are using the Faslink jacks on both units? Maybe open the FC6 and check for unseated/loose cables.

I just wondering how to open.....physically ?or open the some ??? connection to test???.........0.0

I know odds (risks) are one in a thousand... or something, but since I got a unit in airshipment to Hong Kong, stuff like this gives me semi heart attack :D
Hope you get your sorted asap

Support ask me to open it and check ....... and I have concern about the warranty .............

Thanks your suggestions !!!!!!!!!!
If Fractal support asked you to do it, then it won’t affect the warranty. But don’t take my word for it. Ask them. They are very patient and helpful.

View attachment 57146

Dear bro,

How about yours ? So internal use only for show?

As far as I know, units purchased in USA doesnt has transferable Warranty. But products bought from the EU dealer has. (might be incorrect, just typing from my memory here).
A friend helped me buy a FC-6 which just arrived Hong Kong and I wouldn't have any Warranty. But should work properly, touch wood. I always bought my FAS products like this and zero issues.

What did support say? Did you buy it direct from FAS? If so you should be under warranty. If not, I assume that support can always give you some good suggestions. If under warranty and support approved for you to open the unit this operation will not affect your warranty.

hope it gets sorted

Dear all,

FC6 reborn !!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for all of your suggestion.

Kindly share my troubleshoot step:
1. First, I found a power adapter and plugged into FC6, it can turn on without any connection to my FX3, means there is no signal from FX3 or the cable is not suitable or the port for FC6 is not work.

2. Lucky I got a multi meter to test the cables and confirm they are work, then left 2 question , FX3 signal and FC6 port

3. After support replied me can open and the warranty won’t be avoided, I open the FC6 to check any cable is loose. No finding at that moment.

4. I found and using the following method and test the phantom power.

1. Disconnect the mic cable from the mixer.
  2. Set the Volt/Ohm/Amp meter to read from 0 to 50 volts DC.
  3. Measure from XLR pin 2 to XLR pin 1. Note the voltage.
  4. Measure from XLR pin 3 to XLR pin 1. Note the voltage. The DC voltages measured should be exactly the same - to the tenth of a volt.
  5. Measure from pin 2 to pin 3. The DC voltage should be zero or nearly zero.
  6. Reconnect the mic cable and make the same measurements at the microphone location, BUT with the microphone disconnected. The voltage results should be nearly identical to the readings at the mixer.
First time, I directly tested the methods with my FX3 Faslink 2 port and not work , there is not response at point 1, so I still don’t know the problem belongs the testing method or my FX3, so I found a mixer to test again(mic port, the mixer also can provide phantom power),
I got the phantom power result.

So the answer is method is work, FX3 Faslink 2 port x up.... or may be FX3 port and FC6 port also x up.......

Last, I remove my FX 3 and open it..... then lucky I found one cable loosed..........the one near the mini battery. I plugged and then can have a nice dream tonight...

59A00B12-6D39-409D-9B7C-B9673BBE912B.jpeg

Thx all again !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom