• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

[fixed] Error - New Axe-Fx Ultra owner

8times0

So I got my hands on a used Ultra.
This machine had no presets. I figured I will make my own. After an hour I had created one from scratch with distortion.

But the next day it was gone. After a short search here I'd figured it was the cmos battery. And it was the solution.

Now I recreated my preset but no distortion, reverb or delay. Changing bass, mid and treble levels are also not changing.

I feel like something else is broken.

I need help or guidance or both. 😏
Thanks in advance for your replies

iaresee

My advice? Use the Utility menu to completely reset everything in the unit and then load the factory presets. If those work, you've got a good sanity check that the unit is functioning correctly.

Last edited:

8times0

My advice? Use the Utility menu to completely reset everything in the unit and then load the factory presets. If those work, you've got a good sanity check that the unit is functioning correctly.

I will try this this evening.
Had to search how to reset from the utility tab.

virgil

Experienced
ULTRA is a very good machine..I have both Axe Fx II and Axe 8 but still use my old trusted friend Ultra in my live concerts..

8times0

ULTRA is a very good machine..I have both Axe Fx II and Axe 8 but still use my old trusted friend Ultra in my live concerts..
What does your rig look like?
Mine is: Ibanez RGAmol with fishman, axe fx ultra, Marshall 8008, Laney 2x12 v30

Mike M

How do you load factory presets. I am pulling my ultra out of 6 year hibernation, and all factory and my presets are gone?

Top Bottom