[FIXED] Change Preset via MFC-101 selecting Scene 2 as well

shireeshb

Hi all,
I'm looking to figure out what I'm doing wrong with setting up my MFC101 to work with the III over MIDI (or if I found a bug). I'm running firmware 1.09 Beta and MFC firmware 3.08.

My MFC is set to have bank size = 5, so that the bottom 5 switches change presets. I've set up those buttons to send CC#28 (value 0-4) when the Reveal button is used. Those 5 buttons (IA01-IA05) are linked in a group on the MFC so as to be mutually exclusive.

The AxeFx III is listening on CC#28 for "Scene Select". The "Default Scene" setting is "As Saved".

Here's my problem:
In this setup, when Reveal is off and I select MFC button #1, the AxeFx changes to preset 1 in the current bank BUT (for some reason) is also selecting Scene 2 instead of the saved Scene. When Reveal is on, the scene selection works fine. Pressing MFC buttons 2-5 changes to the appropriate preset in the bank, but also always selects Scene 2.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

as a test, on the Axe3 change the Scene Select CC# to "none". then change Presets using the MFC - does it still change to Scene 2?

Thanks Chris!

I had tried that very thing originally. I just tried it again to confirmed. Even if "Scene Select" is none, the preset change still selects Scene 2.

Thanks Chris!

I had tried that very thing originally. I just tried it again to confirmed. Even if "Scene Select" is none, the preset change still selects Scene 2.
interesting. ok that helps.

and if you change presets using the Nav Right or Left buttons on the Axe3 Front Panel, it does not always choose Scene 2?

interesting. ok that helps.

and if you change presets using the Nav Right or Left buttons on the Axe3 Front Panel, it does not always choose Scene 2?
No, if I change via the front panel or AxeEdit, it uses the “As Saved” setting and selects the appropriate scene.

You don't have any preset mapping on the Axe Fx?

What "mode" have you set the MFC in?
No, no preset mapping. The MFC is in “None” mode, so it’s just acting like a MIDI controller. I also made sure that IA01-05 on the MFC were not set up to send multiple CC commands. The c2 setting for each is set to CC# = None.

I’m considering reinstalling firmware 1.08 and seeing if the problem disappears, as I don’t recall this being a problem when I was using the MFC with the III on that firmware version. However, that was before I had set up IA01-05 as they are currently set up.

Is a CC# assigned for "Scene Increment" on the Axe-FX? Does changing that to "none" stop the problem?
Bingo! I have CC# 120 set for Scene Increment. When I change that to None, the problem disappears.

The problem was that I had IA09 and IA10 set to Scene Decrement/Increment AND the MFC was set to "Send w/ Prst" to "Yes" for those IAs.

Once I set IA09 and IA10 to "Send w/ Prst" to "No", the problem was fixed!

Thanks Bakerman, unix-guy, and chris! This forum is THE BEST because of the quality of people like you.

Back
Top Bottom