FIXED 5.03: FW 5.02 Pitch Block Too Slow Via External MIDI Commands (FW 5.01 and earlier ok)

DJD100

Power User
My show stopper problem with FW 5.02 which sounds fantastic are...

Hmmm, I had to roll-back to 5.01 as the reason below made 5.02 unusable for me (Pitch Block Channel Switching and Bypass too slow responding to external MIDI commands).

NOTE: My show is automated, so all patch/scene/channel/volume fade stuff is controlled from receiving MIDI via the 5 PIN DIN from Ableton LIVE. CPU is running on average at 78%, and with peaks up to 82% when the Pitch Block is set to Dual Diatonic for doing smart harmony.

a) The Pitch Block is simply too slow to change the Pitch Block's channels via MIDI CC# 19 (both channels set to Dual Diatonic), and then to Bypass upon a Scene change. FM3 FW 5.02 too slow with Channel B set to Dorian, and Channel C set to Aeolian for major minor change in melody etc, plus too slow to switch Scenes which bypass the Pitch Block and return to the base tone at end of the smart harmony section. This one is the show stopper.

FM3 FW 5.01 and earlier as well as my AFX2 perform fine.

I've also noted very sluggish behavior of the Editor with 5.02, though that's not a deal breaker for performance etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom