[FIXED 1.06] Pitch Block Bug?

skracus

Inspired
Getting to know the III tonight and came across something with the Pitch Block. While playing with the Pitch Block configured in Dual Harmony mode the harmony voice stops functioning and the block exhibits one of two odd behaviors. The harmony voice either disappears (as if the block was bypassed while playing) and a delay is then heard in it's place or the harmony voice is heard at a lower level and it sounds like the LFO is cranked up giving the harmony voice a tremolo effect.

I added the pitch block into the stock Jumped Plexi preset #76 two blocks to the right of the cab block.

FW 1.05

Settings for the pitch block are all default with the following exceptions:

Type: Dual Harmony
EDIT: Started out with the Pitch Block in Quad Harmony before switching to Dual Harmony.

Key: Ab
Scale: Mixolydian
Harmony 1: -3

Level 2: 0%

Also if I power up with this preset then take the Pitch Block out of Bypass state, the harmony voice is not heard until I press the Edit button. As soon as I take the Pitch Block out of Bypass the Pitch 1 indicator in the upper right goes from greyed out to bright (active state) indicating the block is no longer bypassed however no harmony is present until the Edit button is pressed. Replicates with every attempt.

If I go to this preset after power up from another preset the Pitch Block comes out of bypass as expected.

EDIT: Another observation is that when the harmony disappears and the delay is heard, the harmony voice has changed to unison rather than a third below. The setting still reflects -3 though. If I play slowly it seems to hold but if I start playing anything shreddy it goes to unison within a few seconds.

Last edited:
Sending to support. Preset attached if anyone want's to try and replicate.

Attachments

• Jumped Plexi.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Getting to know the III tonight and came across something with the Pitch Block. While playing with the Pitch Block configured in Dual Harmony mode the harmony voice stops functioning and the block exhibits one of two odd behaviors. The harmony voice either disappears (as if the block was bypassed while playing) and a delay is then heard in it's place or the harmony voice is heard at a lower level and it sounds like the LFO is cranked up giving the harmony voice a tremolo effect.

I added the pitch block into the stock Jumped Plexi preset #76 two blocks to the right of the cab block.

FW 1.05

Settings for the pitch block are all default with the following exceptions:

Type: Dual Harmony
EDIT: Started out with the Pitch Block in Quad Harmony before switching to Dual Harmony.

Key: Ab
Scale: Mixolydian
Harmony 1: -3

Level 2: 0%

Also if I power up with this preset then take the Pitch Block out of Bypass state, the harmony voice is not heard until I press the Edit button. As soon as I take the Pitch Block out of Bypass the Pitch 1 indicator in the upper right goes from greyed out to bright (active state) indicating the block is no longer bypassed however no harmony is present until the Edit button is pressed. Replicates with every attempt.

If I go to this preset after power up from another preset the Pitch Block comes out of bypass as expected.

EDIT: Another observation is that when the harmony disappears and the delay is heard the harmony voice has gone to unison rather than a third below. If I play slowly it seems to hold but if I start playing anything shreddy it goes to unison within a few seconds.
Thanks for sharing this out

New find this morning. Once the Pitch Block exhibits this behavior it's global for me. In other words I can go to a different preset, insert the pitch block, set up with the same parameters, same behavior instantly. If I take the harmony voice up from -3 to above 3 and then back down it will return to normal behavior temporarily but always goes to either unison or a lowered level harmony with the tremolo effect mentioned earlier.

Resetting the block does not correct the issue.

One last thing. I was connected via USB to my Mac during all of this as I had updated the FW earlier. Not sure if this matter or not but it's another variable.

New find this morning. Once the Pitch Block exhibits this behavior it's global for me. In other words I can go to a different preset, insert the pitch block, set up with the same parameters, same behavior instantly. If I take the harmony voice up from -3 to above 3 and then back down it will return to normal behavior temporarily but always goes to either unison or a lowered level harmony with the tremolo effect mentioned earlier.

Resetting the block does not correct the issue.
I have experienced this behavior on 1.04. I reloaded the firmware and it fixed it; but that's not a realistic fix. I have only noticed this scenario happen once. When it did, though, I had to reload the firmware to get things back to working. Other than this wierd issue (which I'm sure will be fixed), I am very happy with the pitch block. It works better than my PitchFork pedal and the Helix just doesn't compete on the pitch block at all.

First thing I did out of the gate was update FractalBot and then loaded 1.05 so I can’t say whether or not 1.04 did this on my unit. I can try reloading the FW tonight but I agree that seems like an odd fix. Support has all the information from this thread so hopefully they’ll be able to find it.

I’m sure it’ll be fixed soon. I wonder if using the quad harmony will yield the same result or if the bug is just with the Dual Harmony algorithm. I briefly played around with it that night before switching to Dual without issue. If it works it’ll be a temporary work around. Easy enough to turn the others off.

EDIT: Same issue exists with Quad Harmony

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom