Five Finger Death Punch | Hard To See [SOLO COVER] | QUANTUM pitch block

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
What's up guys!! Here I'm back with a new video! this is my take on one of my favorite solos by Jason Hook, gotta love the guy's style, definitely one of my top "modern" guitarists!

I'm playing with the newest Quantum Firmware on my AxeFX II XL + , using the pitch block at the start of the chain to drop the tuning one whole step down (from Eb standard to Db standard)! the song is originally recorded in standard B tuning for the six string but I believe Jason actually recorded the solo tuned a whole step up (standard Db) to get to the highest note and for the overall feeling on bends/vibratos etc. the pitch block is insanely good even in the fast runs as you can hear ;)
enjoy!

PATCH View attachment 5FDP LEAD (Whole Step Down).syx

Last edited:
Thanks Rocco. Excellent work!!

I watched 5FDP from stage right this past weekend thanks to a VIP pass and can confirm Jason has his doubleneck tuned to D-standard on the top neck and B-standard on the bottom neck so he can play solos etc. on the top neck more like the way the originally recorded (as well as parts of Sweet Home Alabama, Enter Sandman on the night). Got a close up view for most of his solos as I was just below the riser on that side of the stage.

Thanks for the preset. Cheers!!

Thanks Rocco. Excellent work!!

I watched 5FDP from stage right this past weekend thanks to a VIP pass and can confirm Jason has his doubleneck tuned to D-standard on the top neck and B-standard on the bottom neck so he can play solos etc. on the top neck more like the way the originally recorded (as well as parts of Sweet Home Alabama, Enter Sandman on the night). Got a close up view for most of his solos as I was just below the riser on that side of the stage.

Thanks for the preset. Cheers!!

damn that sounds awesome!! probably gonna go see em for the second time in November with Papa Roach..no VIP pass for me though haha

Man, the pitch block is killer! I'm just using it in one of my presets for some downtuned Sabbath stuff like Into the Void and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Saves me from bringing an extra guitar just for one or two songs.

Man, the pitch block is killer! I'm just using it in one of my presets for some downtuned Sabbath stuff like Into the Void and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Saves me from bringing an extra guitar just for one or two songs.

Would like to see your downtuned patches, I have very mixed results with drop tuning in the axe

Cool guitar and always nice from Rocco, I dont get FFDP though. Total wank and no feel for me. I guess I'm old. But art is art, even a Campbells soup can can get it done

Last edited:
What's up guys!! Here I'm back with a new video! this is my take on one of my favorite solos by Jason Hook, gotta love the guy's style, definitely one of my top "modern" guitarists!

I'm playing with the newest Quantum Firmware on my AxeFX II XL + , using the pitch block at the start of the chain to drop the tuning one whole step down (from Eb standard to Db standard)! the song is originally recorded in standard B tuning for the six string but I believe Jason actually recorded the solo tuned a whole step up (standard Db) to get to the highest note and for the overall feeling on bends/vibratos etc. the pitch block is insanely good even in the fast runs as you can hear ;)
enjoy!

PATCH View attachment 27799

video gone??

Oh was not accessible on IPAD, on PC all was OK...
Nice!!

Last edited:
Would like to see your downtuned patches, I have very mixed results with drop tuning in the axe
I just took the pitch block that was used in this preset and stuck it at the start of one of my existing presets. That's it. It's for a whole step drop.

Back
Top Bottom