Fitting 2 x Atomic CLRs under a 93cm wide table?

chucma

Fractal Fanatic
Quick question for any Atomic CLR MkII owners please! I'm probably going to get 2 of these and when at home I want to fit them under a 93cm wide table.

Reading the specs online, they seem to be just a little over 45cm wide, however I cannot tell if this includes the feet or not. Can you guys who own these have a look and let me know if you think they will fit into 93cm please?

I'd have them facing out from under the table so I can tweak my patches etc.

Thanks a mil!

Good points, but I'm hoping the height and small size of the table will allow the sound to pass freely without deflecting. The table is about 35cm deep, and around 1.2m high, so the CLR's would stick out quite a bit. It's basically like a shelf with 4 long legs (I stole it from our kitchen when we rearranged).

I currently have my AxeFX on the top in the centre of the table, and my studio monitors on either side. When used at home I probably won't crank the CLRs any louder than my monitors (not very loud).

EDIT: Had the wrong depth, changed from 25cm to 35cm o_O

Last edited:
So...93 cm is the space between the legs? If so, it should fit. On the MK II the feet extend only 1cm. To my eye, the actual cab width is a tad under 45cm so by adding in the feet you’re under 93cm. Go for it!

I’d worry that reflective surface right above it would change the frequency response a fair bit....
Seems an odd issue to single out, since while that's true, the same is true even in "regular" setups where you have monitors on top or behind most non-angled desks. Not to mention the ceiling, the sidewalls, etc.

Seems an odd issue to single out, since while that's true, the same is true even in "regular" setups where you have monitors on top or behind most non-angled desks. Not to mention the ceiling, the sidewalls, etc.
All things that will negatively affect the sound and are not really that desirable.

I would probably add a shelf and place the CLRs facing outwards instead. With their great dispersion it will sound great, and leave you space underneath to slide your pedalboard under.

So...93 cm is the space between the legs? If so, it should fit. On the MK II the feet extend only 1cm. To my eye, the actual cab width is a tad under 45cm so by adding in the feet you’re under 93cm. Go for it!

Perfect, that’s what I was hoping! Thanks! I mean, I know it will be tight side by side under there but it is a useful table to stand the Axe on top of.

The stereo spread won’t be that great but then I would need a bigger room if I wanted to solve that.

I would probably add a shelf and place the CLRs facing outwards instead. With their great dispersion it will sound great, and leave you space underneath to slide your pedalboard under.

Cool, good idea on the pedal board, space is an issue as my man cave is small (yet the kids still seem to play in there despite their rooms being so big).

I was already going to face the CLRs outwards ie in the same direction as the AxeFX.

Thanks for the ideas! :cool:

Here's my setup at home (the Ax8 pedalboard has changed a bit):

Ax8-Atomic-CLRs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom