Fishman Rethinking The Pickup.

From the article (which reads a bit like a thinly-veiled ad), it looks like their rethinking involves a new manufacturing technique, combined with EQ and a rechargeable battery to power it. According to the article, the rechargeable battery is "what Ritchie Fliegler, Larry Fishman, and the rest of the team are especially excited about."

This might be a good product...or not. To be honest, I was soured by the article. It was like reading an audiophile "review." Example: "My turn came next. I had a difficult time putting the guitars down, gushing over every note. Within minutes I was completely caught up in the enthusiasm. It was a tonal love-fest."

I'll reserve my opinion until I get a chance to try them myself.

So basicly a modelling pickup, but fully analogue at that?

Printing the windings of a coil to a circuit board is not a new idea, really. I wonder why the pickup industry hasn't made use of this technology for so long.

Anyways, seems like an interesting product, no matter if this is actually a new idea or not. With a bigger company like Fishman behind it, we can expect this to hit the market pretty soon. I think I'll keep this on my radar. I have always wanted more flexibility in magnetic pickups.

The article sounds a little over-hyped, though. The market they are aiming at with this product will probably not be as big as they expect, with so many guitarists being the traditionalists they are.
Then again, they said that about amp modelling aswell...

People thinking differently not regurgitating the same old designs over and over... how many best PAF's are there on the market? I applaud them for their efforts. I would also like to hear them.

Back
Top Bottom