Fishman Fluence Single Coil set - Thoughts?

Not sure about Strats, but I absolutely love the Gristle Fishman Fluence pickups on my Tele!

On my Strat, I use the Eric Clapton preamp w/original noiseless pickups...with that setup I can go from clean to mean, as it has a mid-boost control that can make the Strat sound like a Humbucker...the only down side with this setup is changing the 9-volt battery one/year.

I used to have a set on my Carvin Bolt (Strat copy). They sounded great but the battery life was so short they were unusable. I got maybe 2 hours before having to recharge the battery. So I removed them and replaced them with Mojotone pickups.

I used to get long charges on the Fluence pickups, but they diminished VERY quickly with each charge. But the third or fourth charge the battery would last 2 hours or so. Not sure if it was the pickups or the rechargeable battery that was the problem.

I've got a set and the best way I can describe them is decent. They are quiet and have respectable power but, for me, there is no 'wow' factor. The old noiseless set I removed years ago had more 'mojo' or 'bloom'.

I used to get long charges on the Fluence pickups, but they diminished VERY quickly with each charge. But the third or fourth charge the battery would last 2 hours or so. Not sure if it was the pickups or the rechargeable battery that was the problem.
I have the Devin Townsend set in one guitar with the USB charger and the Classic set in another guitars with a 9 volt. I've had them for 3 years and 1 year respectively. No charging issues or battery longevity issues. 🤷

I have the Devin Townsend set in one guitar with the USB charger and the Classic set in another guitars with a 9 volt. I've had them for 3 years and 1 year respectively. No charging issues or battery longevity issues. 🤷

Makes me wonder if I either had a short somewhere, or a faulty battery. I had one of the batteries that replaced the trem cover.

Back
Top Bottom