Fishman Fluence (modern) discussion

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Hi anyone have these? I have on a new guitar. Def. high output. But a bit twangy on my current Axe settings. Some say lower the ceramic bridge pickup others say opposite that it needs to be high unlike standard coil p/u. Sure I can use my ears, but as you know, with Axe, it's still a rabbit hole because everything can be adjusted with presets. I am looking for opinions before diving in the hole and adjusting all my presets! Thanks.

Also if anyone notices, the difference between the 2 toggled sounds. The 'standard sound' or position 2 has more bass than the high output modern ceramic sound?

Hi anyone have these? I have on a new guitar. Def. high output. But a bit twangy on my current Axe settings. Some say lower the ceramic bridge pickup others say opposite that it needs to be high unlike standard coil p/u. Sure I can use my ears, but as you know, with Axe, it's still a rabbit hole because everything can be adjusted with presets. I am looking for opinions before diving in the hole and adjusting all my presets! Thanks.

Also if anyone notices, the difference between the 2 toggled sounds. The 'standard sound' or position 2 has more bass than the high output modern ceramic sound?
I have a set in my ESP Eclipse! My bridge pickup is set fairly high and doesn't have much twang to it at all. My neck pickup is surprisingly low, but they are balanced level wise.

As for the different voicings. I don't notice more or less bass, but voice 1 is way tighter like an EMG while the voice 2 reminds me more of like high gain Gibson passive pickups with being more loose and spongy. I don't have any volume issues with the bridge pickup when changing voicings, but I do notice that voice 2 on my neck is dramatically quieter than voice 1.

275563744_328780545951744_8529694062153589400_n.jpg

I had the Gristle Tone Greg Koch Signature pups on my Tele. If you want pure Tele tone and the option for the Whiteguard and Blackguard tones, THIS is the pup for you. The most glorious Tele tones I'd ever heard. Sold the guitar for a variety of reasons, but would highly recommend Greg's pups to anyone looking for "that" Tele tone.

I also know that Robert Baker on YT loves his humbucker Fluence pups.

They are very good at certain tones but I find them a little too tight sounding for what I play . The rigid totally symmetrical coil is not conducive to sag and dynamics.

I’ve got the Devin Townsend set in one of my guitars, not sure how different they are from the standard Fluence set, but I made new presets for them as I do every different guitar. They were way higher output than even the Dimarzio Evolutions in my JEM and were hitting the input so hard it was making things mush out and/or clip on my existing presets.

I had the Fluence Moderns in my 8-string Zeus and didn't really care much for them. They are a bit too high output and compressed for my tastes. I also had an RG2228 previously which had Fluence Abasi and those sounded great. I hear the Javier Reyes set are voiced to be extremely dynamic, and they also fit standard (non-soapbar) pickup routs so if I was going for Fishman again I would try those.

Back
Top Bottom