First Week With The AX8

Satch4u3

Experienced
I'd just like to give a big hats off the Fractal team. This unit is stellar!

I was using an Axe FX II a couple years back and gigging with it a couple times a week. While I was satisfied with the unit, I always felt it was lacking something. So I decided to go back to an analog amp with a load box and digital cab sim for home and live use. Specifically a Marshall JVM410HJS with a Two Notes Torpedo Live. Up until a few months I ditched the amp and purchased a Line 6 Helix. It is a great unit. It's very well designed and sounds great compared to Line 6's past efforts.

So I ended up ordering an AX8 and it arrived January 4th. Whatever you guys at Fractal have done since the first Quantum firmware is simply put... witchcraft! The amps and effects sounds amazing! Ten times better than I recall!

Compared to the Helix I am running into a couple limitations in regards to making my patches. I like to live out of one patch for all of my clean and dirty sounds during a show. This was very easy with the Helix. The scene controllers and X/Y switching have been a big help so far! I am about 90% ready to take this thing to the stage!

Anyhow, last thing you guys want to read is yet another "I went from a digital rig to an analog rig and back to digital again" post, but I just wanted to thank the Fractal team. You guys have obviously been working hard since I was away!

Don't forget about control switch one and two. I also like to live out of one patch and this really helped me in addition to the X/Y and scenes.

Back
Top Bottom