First ULTRA gig! Wow!

michl_666

Experienced
Hi all!

Cliff said on the "ULTRA FW 7.0 - Update thread" (http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3988)
FractalAudio said:
I wouldn't update right before a gig. Too risky.
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Updated and fixed my presets via headphones and little speakers at bedroom level :roll: . Not optimal, but it worked. After all I must admit that it was risky. But I don't regret anything.
The ULTRA mounted on an amp stand and 2 monitors in front of me, one for the ULTRA and one for the mix of the rest of the band, I was going directly stereo to FOH. Pure FRFR!
I was very happy with the sound. Not optimal yet, but the best I've ever had though! :D Some tweaking at stage volume is still necessary.
But I must say that I felt very ... hmm ... very well equipped (yeah baby!) and enjoyed the gig and my sound very much. It was the very first time that I had what I needed.
Thanks to all and specially to Cliff for everything!
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

Micha

The ULTRA mounted on an amp stand...

I thought that i was the only one who did that. In fact, I've got mine twisted around on the amp stand in a way that the screen and controls on the AXE FX Ultra face almost straight up at me. I usually keep it just to my right. I can reach out my hand and touch all of the controls on the front of the unit and easily see the display screen right there, a few feet away from my face. Best setup ever.

browlett said:
The ULTRA mounted on an amp stand...
I thought that i was the only one who did that. In fact, I've got mine twisted around on the amp stand in a way that the screen and controls on the AXE FX Ultra face almost straight up at me. I usually keep it just to my right. I can reach out my hand and touch all of the controls on the front of the unit and easily see the display screen right there, a few feet away from my face. Best setup ever.
That's what I'm talking about ... :mrgreen:
But I keep it on the left side as I stand on the left side of the stage ... ;)
Only disadvantage is that you can't place the beer on top of the rack ... :lol:

Micha

Could either of you two guys post a picture of your axe setup with the amp stand? I can't quite imagine how it looks but like the idea.. Cheers!

That's exactly what I do. Mine's on the left because I'm on the left of the stage as I face the audience. I do it so I can see the tuner and the preset names and just in case I need to tweek something really fast.

I like that setup on the amp stand i actually just have mine on the floor angled up and i can see ti perfect.

Picture314.jpg

jazzgtrl4 said:
I like that setup on the amp stand i actually just have mine on the floor angled up and i can see ti perfect.
Maybe you're a bit younger than me. I like to have it a bit higher as I don't like to wear glasses while gigging. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Micha

michl_666 said:
It's not mine, but there was a picture lately in another German thread:
mister.friendly":38rmt46v]... [img]http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww247/mr_friendly/Axe-Fx/IMG_0567-640.jpg[/img] ... ;)[/quote] Look in the original thread to see his 2 other setups with guitar cabs. :mrgreen: [url="http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3876&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10 said:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3876&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10[/url]
Very nice setup!
Sorry, but I have no pictures at the moment. Maybe next gig ...
Micha[/quote:38rmt46v]
Yeah, that's really quite convenient!

Disadvantage: I can't place my drinks on top of my rack anymore! Therefore I also have to keep the "traditional w/ guitar cab rigs" (see http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38656#p38656)... ;)

Hey, I use the All-Access controller and go straight to our PA too.

I've been searching for a case for my ALL Access and Hex pedal. I see there is one in the picture.

Do you guys know what case that is, or have a good recommendation? (for the all-access and pedal)

Back
Top Bottom