First time in a "metal" setting

Reet

Inspired
So last night i used my XL+ for our band practice. I recently played an Evh 5153 through a Mesa OS 4x12 cab. I sold that rig and have gone full frfr. I've been using a Matrix Fr212 and tweaking for awhile. I play praise and worship at church every week and love the way everything sounds. However until last night i haven't been able to play in a heavier setting. So i bought cab pack 19 recently and absolutely love the way the Engl and Orange cabs sound. I switched between my Evh 5153 red preset and my Friedman HBE preset. Both sounded amazing and cut right through and fit amazingly. The other guitar player was playing a Blackstar amp through my old Mesa cab and i had zero problem being heard. I am in love with the "Citrus E906 SM57" IR. It cuts so well in the mix. Perfect. Great job ML Soundlab for making such awesome cab packs. Never thought my Axe Fx would sound way better than any tube amp i've ever owned. Frfr is awesome and im suprised so many people don't like it. Coming from someone who used my Axe in a poweramp/cab scenario i am so glad i switched to frfr.

Back
Top Bottom