First time having "real" surgery....

I hope everything goes well. One thing to note that the doctors don't tell you: Cortisone shots WEAKEN tendons over time. Cort. shots to the knees are responsible for more blown knees than anything else. Western medicine often 'cures' its own maladies.

Look into Ortho-Bionomy to speed post-surgical recovery. It really, really, really works!

good luck !
I just had my right knee done this Past Thursday. Already walking pain free
Be positive :)

Last edited:
Prayin' for you Bro. Hope all goes well. I hope the break from playing renews the passion. I think sometimes being away from it for a bit rekindles the desire to play.

Ask if it's possible to have a nerve block instead of general anesthesia, no recovery room bs and eliminates complications from general.
I having some major work done on my wrist @ the Mayo Clinic a few years ago and a friend who was a surgical nurse there told me about this, I asked the anesthesiologist if it was an option & he said absolutely. They blocked the nerve bundle leading to my arm then knocked me down with with an IV sedation while they made the incision. I woke up during the procedure. The doctors were talking to me while they worked on me & there was absolutly no sensation in my arm, therfore no pain. If I ever have surgery again I'm gonna request the block.

I was a big squeamish baby until I got sick and had all these procedures and surgery. Got used to it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Ask if it's possible to have a nerve block instead of general anesthesia, no recovery room bs and eliminates complications from general.
I having some major work done on my wrist @ the Mayo Clinic a few years ago and a friend who was a surgical nurse there told me about this, I asked the anesthesiologist if it was an option & he said absolutely. They blocked the nerve bundle leading to my arm then knocked me down with with an IV sedation while they made the incision. I woke up during the procedure. The doctors were talking to me while they worked on me & there was absolutly no sensation in my arm, therfore no pain. If I ever have surgery again I'm gonna request the block.

Actually. also good to have local on top of that. They're learning: anything the nervous system feels, it 'remembers', and it becomes encapsulated trauma - even if you have no memory of it. Lots of people now get local ana even when gettting general too.

Just got back. They said it went very well and everything that they saw was exactly what they expected to see.

I won't be typing much here. I am still pretty buzzed . It comes and goes and it's starting to hit again. It helps with the pain a lot but I hate that feeling of being out of control a bit or having trouble thinking straight.

But I really wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes and advice as always. :encouragement:

Just got back. They said it went very well and everything that they saw was exactly what they expected to see.

I won't be typing much here. I am still pretty buzzed . It comes and goes and it's starting to hit again. It helps with the pain a lot but I hate that feeling of being out of control a bit or having trouble thinking straight.

But I really wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes and advice as always. :encouragement:

Excellent, good news I hope. Welcome back.

Oooh have a pleasent recovery mate.
Take good care of yourself and I'll send some positive thoughts and prayers your way :)

Hope everything goes well!

I've been under 4 times for various surgeries (got hit by a car when I was 7) and it's never a good time, but it has always worked out for the better. I'm sure you'll be shredding in no time!

Back
Top Bottom