First thoughts tonight on my new AX8

jiagap

Inspired
My AX8 arrived today.

I am a former Ultra owner, but have been without for a couple years. Really missing it! but always had wanted a floor model. So, this is wonderful.

I would first recommend Chris' beginner's guide tutorial. He is an excellent teacher and well worth the $15.

https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/item/56c77c776edca00b24f6d72a

I have been on the AX8 it for about 5 hours and my fingers are close to raw. I had previously been using a TC Electronics Nova System, and the effects in the AX8 were very soothing to the soul. Unbelievably wonderful. I have a Nova System for sale.

Then there are the amps. Too many to get through in one setting. But my oh my, delightful options. The stock USA Clean patch made me weep. This is going to be a hoot!!!! All these amps! I had been using Logic Pro X amps, and the crunch and higher gain amps were pathetic. But, woozers, the AX8 has every pallet tone imaginable.

I realize I am just starting, but it is clear to see that the possibilities and options are close to infinite. And the tones are great. I have not even opened the Axe-Edit yet. I did notice, at least for me, many of the presets had the master volume quite high but It seemed to sound better to me if I dialed the MV back and increased the level. But I am sure I will learn much as the days roll on.....

Thank you Cliff and company!

That's great to hear! I have one on the way - it should be here by Thursday. For me it was a bit expensive, and way overkill for my meager needs, but I'm hoping that I like it so much that none of that will matter. Nothing like truly inspiring tone when you can get it...

I have had mine for two weeks now every day it's still amazing me it's been a little bit of a learning curve as I've never had a fractal product before, but I now got my patches set for my in ears and amp situation, and direct to house I have all the options covered as I do a lot of travel dates. I need it in a compact form and this is perfect! I was hauling around a 50 pound boat anchor of a pedal board before and then add a guitar and a suitcase and luging it around airports.

Back
Top Bottom