First Telecaster......

London John

Inspired
After thinking about it for years, and a long search, I've added a Tele to the family. I'm stunned by how well this guitar plays. It's quite unlike any other guitar I have; it's got a life of its own. Every note counts and it's very touch sensitive. It punishes you for sloppy chops, and rewards you when you're tight.....and when you are....the tone. I really can't believe how good it plays and sounds. Through the Bassman preset it's heaven.

It's a '52, bone stock.

Congratulations on the new guitar. I've thought of getting the same tele for a while now.
I remember seeing Pete Townsend on the first "Final Tour" some 34 years ago and he play a tele the whole show.

Congrats! That's a gorgeous looking tele.

I just picked up my first tele too - and I couldn't be happier. It's an American Deluxe and it feels and sounds amazing. And looks super cool :) I've always wanted one but had no idea how much I'd like it - I wish I bought one years ago.

After thinking about it for years, and a long search, I've added a Tele to the family. I'm stunned by how well this guitar plays. It's quite unlike any other guitar I have; it's got a life of its own. Every note counts and it's very touch sensitive. It punishes you for sloppy chops, and rewards you when you're tight.....and when you are....the tone. I really can't believe how good it plays and sounds. Through the Bassman preset it's heaven.

It's a '52, bone stock.

Congrats- nothing like a good tele. I got my first about 20 years ago and went through a few to the one I use now.. Nocaster RI- I think an '01.. big fat neck and it rings like nothing else. You're right in that they can be a bit of a fight but very rewarding once you get used to it. Very versatile guitars with the right pickups, etc. Mine slays many a Les Paul on the bridge pickup with the tone rolled down a hair. Enjoy!

I finally gave in and got a couple of Teles after years of thinking they were horrible (My first introduction was to a bad instrument). They are now two of my favorite guitars. I bought Mexicans and upgraded the pickups. Action and playability is great. I'm a big fan now.

A real 52? That is amazing. Congratulations on owning such a fine and valuable instrument. I have a 51 Nocaster Re-Issue that is my second favorite guitar. Does the 52 have the U-shaped neck? I love that profile.

I just picked up my first tele too - and I couldn't be happier. It's an American Deluxe and it feels and sounds amazing. And looks super cool :) I've always wanted one but had no idea how much I'd like it - I wish I bought one years ago.

Nice. The newer ones have the tummy cut, I see. Much better than the slab digging into the ribs I went through with my first one!

A real 52? That is amazing. Congratulations on owning such a fine and valuable instrument. I have a 51 Nocaster Re-Issue that is my second favorite guitar. Does the 52 have the U-shaped neck? I love that profile.

Yep, it's a stock '52, neck date November, PU's are 5.5 matched, weighs 7lbs 4oz, neck is chunky D shape. Like others here, I wish I'd "got" the Tele earlier.

The 335 is a late '59, a great playing and sounding guitar.

Here's another pic.

Last edited:
psdwfhoto.jpgTold my guitar guy last year to hook me up with a Telecaster as I'd never had one before. He warned me that it wouldn't feel like ANY of my other guitars (he knows them all well) but would actually make my right hand technique even better.

He was right.

Used to have an American Deluxe just like that. Very nice guitar, just beautiful too. Best finish ever on that guitar even though I saw a double bound blue one a few years ago that just made me lose my mind. :)

I had to let it go and ended up doing a parts guitar.

My father told me years ago that I needed to get a tele so I basically eliminated it from the list and decided that it was an old man or country guitar. Biggest mistake I probably ever made. It can be sweet, but it is an absolute savage guitar and I think that everyone should have one.....or more.

Back
Top Bottom