First rehearsal with 7.18 on my Ultra (from 7.06)

xpenno

Power User
Ok so I am a bit behind the times, but I finally upgraded yesterday morning, tweaked my 6 main patches and then went off to rehearsal. The axe was really singing I loved it. All of my patches were enhanced by the new FW. I don't think I could go as far as other users and say it sounds more this, more that, more real cause my ears aren’t that good... To me it just sounded better :) I was able to remove a load of EQ (mostly low cut from the amp block) and it sounded great.

Created a couple of new patched with just amp-cab-rev and it sounded great as is, before I would have tweaked about with EQ, comps etc to get where I wanted to be now it sounds great with less messing

Since I upgraded from 7.06 I also had a mess with the new V30 cab and I think that this might be my new fav. I also had a play with the AIR setting which I think really breathes life into the sound. I was going for 3000-3500hz and between 50-85% on the mix.

New presence and depth sounded good, I always thought that the presence sounded a little harsh, I wanted more top end but it didn't really add anything useable for me. New passive presence sounds much better, I can crank it without getting the nasty frequencies... Not had too much time to play with depth, on my patches that use it (not all of them) I had to knock it down quite a bit as it added too much bass for me. However even at low settings, 1-3, it added punch and low end clarity to the amps.

All in all a fantastic update, I can't wait to spend some more time with it. Does it sound more 'real', hell I don't know. Does it sound 'better', to my ears it sounds freakin sweet!

Thanks Cliff this is 100% the best purchase I ever made, ever!

Back
Top Bottom