First Rehearsal w Quantum

rnjscooter

Experienced
So, after patiently waiting for the finalized version of quantum to be released, I finally downloaded it for this weeks rehearsals. I rarely if ever chime in on how much "more real" firmware updates sound, as there are enough posts on that subject to keep me amused for years, haha. Anyway, playing at home at lower volumes, I noticed immediately the bottom end sounded so much more present and focussed. So much so, I was planning on re-tweaking all my presets to account for such a noticeable change in my tone.

So, off to rehearsal....... I run my Axe into a Matrix 1000 thru 2 NL2-12's. However, often I only bring one, because I am old and lazy, haha, and last night was no exception. So, I fired it up and hit a few power chords and literally all 4 guys stopped what they were doing and looked my direction. And then the comments came..... "Dude your rig sounds amazing" etc.....8) Anyways, so then rehearsal starts, and I notice immediately I am cutting thru the mix in the room more than ever. Even with 1 NL 212, I was right there w/no issues, and tone for DAYS, especially when soloing:D. I honestly felt like I had brought the 2nd NL cab and was playing thru both, and then some. It was clearly obvious that this new firmware is the best sounding and most noticeable update I have ever encountered. And you know the old saying, if you think you sound better, then you play better, and last night was just about as good as I can play guitar :pride:

Thank you Cliff, for all you do. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, the AXE FXII is the best piece of gear I have EVER bought, period. So much so, I've sold every amp and effect I own, and put my wife on notice that I will never need to buy another piece of gear... Except for the new AX8 of course!

And of course, as always, she thinks I'm lying:lol

Tonight was my first rehersal with Quantum. I will say that I seem to cut through a little better. Not that I didn't before but tonight was a little different. I don't know how to explain it but things seemed to be maybe a little clearer? I do know my rig sounded thicker not in a boomy too much bass way but more powerful. All in all Id say Quantum is with out a doubt a step forward in sound, warmth and most definitely feel.

They should make a melt faces smiley for this forum, then we wouldn't need words at all, as all the details could be obtained through the smileys... "Ahhhh ML sound lab just posted one hundred melted faces.... the axe-fx must have passed a comparison test.. or he released an album"

I originally loaded Quantum and then went back to FW19 because something just sounded wrong. Last night I decided to try again so I loaded it again along with the editor. Well, let's just say I'm busting!! My Friedman BE preset sounds absolutely killer now and I'm just running through one ZLX12P!! I played for 4 straight hours last night with that one preset. I am stoked to try it out in my new band!!!! The Axe is like opening a new X-mas present every day!

Well........ I do have 18 hanging in the house:encouragement: Is that bad??????

No worse than having one extra guitar. In their mind you can only play one at a time... but they can wear 18 pairs of shoes at once?? :lol

And by the way... Quantum =

face-melt-o.gif

Actually my wife is awesome, she is a professional pianist and is just jealous we can't fit 18 baby grands in the house:lol

i bet it made you feel great when everyone noticed the difference. that's cool. do you share your presets? i don't have the talent yet to draw up great tones.

I'm extremely thankful to be part of this ride. The Axe Fx II has delivered much more than I ever expected out of a solid state preamp/modeler. Awards should be given. What we've witnessed through the different firmware has been nothing short of spectacular.

and put my wife on notice that I will never need to buy another piece of gear... Except for the new AX8 of course!

And of course, as always, she thinks I'm lying

Wifey got mad one night and told the band members, "he's got more guitars than he had wive's"...

I just smiled and said, yea but my guitars keep getting better. :devilish:

Needless to say that costs me couch time... lol...

Back
Top Bottom