First Recording - need feedback and tips

TGM

Inspired
Hi,

This is my first recording with axe fx and I really need tips and tricks to develop myself further in recording and mixing guitars with axe.
I am mostly using Yek's HBE preset, which sounds great in the room. It really has an amp in the room feeling; so fat and organic.
In the recording I use 3 tracks; panned left, right and center. I am using garangeband.
Somehow the recorded guitars sounds so digital and processed, nothing like how the preset sounds in the room.
I really need help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-qkmLr51BgSYlVXbkdBXzRfT1E

Last edited:
Hmmm... remove the center track. So alone it sounds good but in the mix it's awful? what if you record the guitar just by itself? It should sound like it does coming through the monitors.

Nice drums, the guitars are too midrangy for me and maybe a little too much in front, and maybe too raw, i'd add some reverb/delay

Do you guys mostly use the reverb in Axe or add it in the daw after recording raw?
Also, how do you pan your solos? To the center?

I'd use the axe reverb, its amazing ;) You can always record the guitar dry using the axe USB then play it back through the axe and tweak the amp, reverb and other settings at at mix down.

Back
Top Bottom