AFIII First Preset

Everything I've tried is a step up imo. In some areas it's more like a quantum err... ares leap :)
I agree, completely. I thought it might just be my excitement with the new gear at first, but now that I’ve had it a month, I’m sure that the effects sound more spacious and some of the amps feel more 3D when playing. It’s heading to the stage tomorrow so we’ll see how those sounds fare in the band mix. I’m looking forward to it.

Nice!
Did that tone start out as a factory preset?

I started with the hook 3b for the lead sound and the princetone reverb for the ambient clean which were two of my favorites from the xl+. I chose the cab, compressor, tape delay, amp and reverb. also the plex delay on the ambient. I may have spent 10 minutes on each preset.
The princetone sounds better than on the xl+ to me ( I didn't compare params but did adjust things in the amp block) my capt hook 3b preset on the xl+ had a little mojo going on I didn't quite get on the III, it had been dialed in over a period of time. Playing with the advanced parameters helped.

Maybe it's where I spent a little more time with a couple of the models that had master volumes on the III, but I don't remember having the level of interaction between gain/master I'm getting. It's pretty drastic at the change in dynamics, you can really tune in the feel of an amp with just those two controls imo.

I had to work today but I'll be back at it this weekend. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom