First preset gets deleted when switching to it from another preset

I had the same issue. Turned out user cab bank 2 was somehow corrupted (?). Fixed it by choosing "Erase All User Cabs" from Setup/Utilities, then restoring the user cab backup by loading the cabs from the Manage Cabs window.

Here is a video.

http://weber.de1.cc/bug.mp4

I copied a factory preset into location 000 to avoid that is has something to with my own presets.
I booted the Axe-Fx III, it started on preset 000. Then I switched to preset 258, waited 40 seconds (if I wait less than 35 seconds it doesn't happen) and switched back to preset 000. It's empty!

I attached my system settings.

Attachments

• 200822-195232-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
Here is a video.

http://weber.de1.cc/bug.mp4

I copied a factory preset into location 000 to avoid that is has something to with my own presets.
I booted the Axe-Fx III, it started on preset 000. Then I switched to preset 258, waited 40 seconds (if I wait less than 35 seconds it doesn't happen) and switched back to preset 000. It's empty!
That's because it takes about 40 seconds to complete the background task of shadowing the user cabs.

I know what it is now and can fix it.

That's because it takes about 40 seconds to complete the background task of shadowing the user cabs.

I know what it is now and can fix it.

That's great!

I'd loaded a bunch of new user cabs in user cab bank 2 recently also. Will I need to "erase all user cabs" then re-install them like "firepile" did, or will that not be necessary when you fix it?

Always have backups. Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I back up religiously. And I don't USUALLY use preset slot 1 (offset of 000).

However, I did save a preset in that slot about 2-3 weeks ago for a session I was working on. However, none of my fractal bots contain that preset in them.

Again, it is POSSIBLE, that during that time I did have a preset number 1, that I did not backup my presets, but I'd be VERY surprised.

The preset was in my AXE FX III each time I would turn it on to work on the song. So, I don't know if what Cliff found would also potentially cause preset 1 not to be backed up during a full bank A backup with AxeEdit/Fractal Bot. Also, I don't do any Grammy Award winning session work here, so it's not a big deal. I am just curious if anyone else noticed, that when they look at their old backups, if preset 1 is empty?

Glad Cliff found it and can fix.

Thanks!

I had the same issue. Turned out user cab bank 2 was somehow corrupted (?). Fixed it by choosing "Erase All User Cabs" from Setup/Utilities, then restoring the user cab backup by loading the cabs from the Manage Cabs window.

I'll do that precedure after Cliff's fix drops...

Back
Top Bottom