First practice with AX8

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
So last night I brought my ax8 to practice ,had my other amp set up also just in case. Nobody knew what I was playing through .played the ax8 all night ,sounded awesome.everyone else thought so too.
Two things did happen ,lights at practice dimmed,doesn’t usually happen,but my ax8 froze ,went real loud when it happen,restart fixed it. Surge suppressor coming .
The other thing ,some how with just the foot switch’s I copied a preset over another preset. Like preset 7 I copied to preset three, lost what I had on three,
I don’t know what I did,but if anybody has an idea let me know so I don’t do it again
Thanks

That's always a cool story, not letting anyone know what you're doing and the looks on the faces after practice once you tell them. As far as the presets saved accidentally, possible something happened in conjunction with the power drop? The only way to save on the unit is typically <STORE>, <ENTER>, <ENTER> which I'm sure you know. Maybe someone else has more info but there's no way I'm aware of to save presets using just the footswitches.

I ran my Friedman phil X rig with a G system and Eventide H9 in tandem with my AX8 for a few gigs. Everyone liked the AX8 (Friedman 2018) better. Now, I have no reason to pick one over the other. Im not a salesman nor am I trying to sell any of my own gear. I've kept all my amps and have an extensive collection. This was just real world assessments from soundguys and bandmates.

If you don't hit <STORE> <ENTER> <ENTER> doesn't it just revert back if you turn the unit off and then back on? I made a couple of mistakes moving the footswitch presets and I just turned it off to revert.

If you don't hit <STORE> <ENTER> <ENTER> doesn't it just revert back if you turn the unit off and then back on? I made a couple of mistakes moving the footswitch presets and I just turned it off to revert.
Yes. You can also switch to another preset and back, it will revert to the original settings.

Back
Top Bottom