First Post - Red Alert Hell March

Glennski

Hello from down under!

I'm a bit of a lurker but it's about time I posted something! I've had the 2 for a month now and I've finally decided to stop being lazy with using VSTs and plug in. Should have done this ages ago, it's so easy to dial in sounds on the axe instead of spending 5 minutes building a VST chain!

This song is a lot of fun to play and listen to, hope you enjoy!

I just used preset 37 (Das Metal) for the rhythms and changed the amp model to the energyball halfway through. Drums are metal foundry with slate kick and snare blended, bass is trillian.

The mix could do with some work but I'd love some feedback! :)

Glenn

Sounds nice man. How do you like Trillian? Ive been considering it but have had a hard time justifying 280 bucks and 30gb worth of stuff that im most likely only going to use 11 preset for.

Hey thanks for the kind words!

I remember playing this game on Christmas day in '96 and I kept going to the menu to change the in-game music back to this song. Man that's hard to believe it was 16 years ago!

Trillian is awesome, even though I only use about 3 or 4 different patches. On this one I used the hardcore bass thick patch, and the only processing was a small amount of eq and a multiband compressor. You can't go wrong. $280 bucks is worth it to not have to own my own bass, keep the strings fresh, spend time playing takes that are usable etc.... And you never know when all the other sounds that come with it might come in use.

C&C FTW!!!! Love it!

MAN did I used to love those games. It's a damn shame they never really translated to PS3/XBox in the right way, I'd love to get back to playing those games again.

:evil

Back
Top Bottom