First Photo from James Webb Space Telescope

Faith.

The Word.
Probably in early stages of human civilisation, they were seeing similar things to what we're seeing now, but their interpretation was to worship strange things they had no chance of understanding. It all originates from some kind of event, no doubt.

Thought is a strange thing. A lot of us don't see it as tangible, but the very fabric of our society and world was/is created from it. It seems the news has taught us to only focus on the grim/negative side.

I remember reading an interview with Steve Vai some years ago and he talks about how that you get the things you really want, but you also get the things you really don't want. It's the focus of attention that brings them into existence. Nowadays a lot of people seem to only remember the bad and minimalize the good (hello news media). Wonder what it is doing to us?
That’s why it’s called “programming.” 😉

Probably in early stages of human civilisation, they were seeing similar things to what we're seeing now, but their interpretation was to worship strange things they had no chance of understanding. It all originates from some kind of event, no doubt.

Maybe they had better undiluted information and understood things at a much higher level than we do now, there's always a counterpoint. We feel we have evolved because of complex toys and distractions, but our brain is virtually identical to the first modern version of man that appeared many millennia ago. If they hadn't been pretty smart, we probably wouldn't exist, and without knowledge curated by our ancestors??? Rebellion plays a big part in human history also, we see it every day (may be all you see if you're on the net enough).

Creator!?
If there is a great Creator!
Who was the Creator's Mother?
Not sure, evolution says the egg came first, not the chicken.
The idea that there must be 1, is a human question. Started out with many, but they then thought who is the strongest. Then there was 1 and a son, but that left the same question... who is the strongest. And then another finally resolved this curiosity and was able to narrow it down to The One. And then Morpheus found Neo, and he is the one?

Not sure, evolution says the egg came first, not the chicken.
The idea that there must be 1, is a human question. Started out with many, but they then thought who is the strongest. Then there was 1 and a son, but that left the same question... who is the strongest. And then another finally resolved this curiosity and was able to narrow it down to The One. And then Morpheus found Neo, and he is the one?
One thing is important for me!
I have materialistic views!
I believe in evolution!
Unfortunately, unlike many people, I don't believe in God!

If God exists?
Then, according to my views, God is equal to Nature!

This pic is a tremendous achievement, and a truly awe-inspiring glimpse at just how abundant our universe is. But I think many people forget or never realized that Webb colors are all assigned based on infrared values.

One thing is important for me!
I have materialistic views!
I believe in evolution!
Unfortunately, unlike many people, I don't believe in God!

If God exists?
Then, according to my views, God is equal to Nature!
Does adaptation lead to evolution, or is there just a evolution.

We could be living in a simulation.

Maybe they had better undiluted information and understood things at a much higher level than we do now, there's always a counterpoint. We feel we have evolved because of complex toys and distractions, but our brain is virtually identical to the first modern version of man that appeared many millennia ago. If they hadn't been pretty smart, we probably wouldn't exist, and without knowledge curated by our ancestors??? Rebellion plays a big part in human history also, we see it every day (may be all you see if you're on the net enough).
Very insightful, I agree with a lot of that

In before the lock. I love the images of the telescope.

Is anyone else noticing a subtle motion blur to the images?

Is that an issue that can be addressed?

Some say that it's gravitational lensing, but since it's kinda centered in the photo and not all across it, I believe it to be, a least partially some sort of lens distortion from the telescope.

We can "see" back to when the universe became transparent (recombination), but not to the big bang itself as space was opaque, it's called the cosmic microwave background, in this we see acoustic patterns created by the shockwaves just after the big bang.

It's not an assumption, it's an empirically proveable fact, galaxies further away are redshifted more as a direct proportion of distance so we know they are moving away faster. That's Hubble's law.

We already know we can only "see" a finite spherical bubble around us as the universe expands faster than the speed of light at a certain distance, this is the horizon. The current theory is the universe is infinitely large and was infinitely large at the time of the big bang. The big bang was NOT a point or singularity. One way you can think about the expanding universe is to imagine it as an infinite loaf of raisin bread. As the bread bakes, the raisins in the bread (like the galaxies in our universe) don't change size, but the dough (the space between galaxies) keeps getting bigger as the loaf rises.

One of the best posts in this thread, and without that tinge of dogmatic certainty that none of us should
really have in the face of so many unknowns. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom