First one I've seen on ebay...talk about markup!

Will be interesting to see what it goes for. I knew it would sell....

If it goes for an astronomical price, I'll have to seriously consider selling mine for the same astronomical price and getting an XL+. But I like the integration of the AX8 more than the XL+ MFC101 combo, so maybe not. Hmm, I wonder if a scribble-strip-enabled MFC+ is in the pipeline? :D
-
Austin

Some people (myself included) would rather have an AX8....:D

Oh, don't get me wrong... I would prefer the ax8 format as well, but I would hold to my XL+ and MFC and sell them when the ax8 is easily available and will have some money left in my pocket. It'll be hard to recoup the 200% mark up on the ax8 once they are in stock (which will happen like it has with the axe fx, of course, eventually).

As always it's all about priorities, the seller has benefited from 3 factors: the time factor (skip the waiting list), the portability that brings the AX8 and the frenzy of last time bidders.
I'm in the opposite case, my factor is space. I am unwilling to run shipping risks and I look for local trades for do the deal in hand (this is difficult here, no many fractal units in my region). Portability is not a priority for me, in fact I prefer Axe2 rack version because I can use two amp blocks in one preset, tonematch and many other things.
And I try to stay calm as Buyer and ponders the things before deciding.
I considered the differences between Mark I, II, XL and XL+ and decide that MarkI was more than enough for me, quantum was my goal. Buy used was not a problem because fractal products are very reliable.
I've been saving for several months and finally 23th december I saw an ad of a local seller: Axe2 Mark I at 1850 euros (It has more than a year, so the warranty is not a factor to consider). I took a day to think it slow and cold and Finally I decided and got in touch with the seller.
The guy came to my house, I tested the unit quite a while with my gear, the behaviour was perfect and I gave him my money...sure that there are cheaper units outside of Barcelona, but for me knowing that my magic box has come without transport bumps is priceless.
And there's another factor beyond logic, call me supersticious, but I prefer to buy from someone who has used the product that anyone who handles it as a mere speculative product.
I don't like ebay, look at the face, shock hands, old school way is better for me.

Last edited:
A good way to get your AX8 for free, buy 2 and sell one on eBay...there's a sucker born every day and eBay is the platform to find the sucker that fits to your price…

A good way to get your AX8 for free, buy 2 and sell one on eBay...there's a sucker born every day and eBay is the platform to find the sucker that fits to your price…
Not quite. Between eBay and PayPal fees the seller will net about $2200.

I'm tempted to sell mine but it's such a convenient unit. There is really nothing out there with its power in its size.

Crazy...

I was going to sell mine for $500. It was the $2500 shipping and handling that seemed to be the sticking point.

Back
Top Bottom