First one I've seen on ebay...talk about markup!

That's pretty steep. I remember seeing a couple FX8's sell for $1750 on eBay. By the time he pays the 10% eBay and PayPal fees he didn't make much on those.

Man if that sells it would be tempting, but honestly it's worth $800 over the next 6 months (maybe when it will be readily available) not having to carry a rack to gigs.

But it's America and that's capitalism.

Anyway, I'm pumped for my first AX8 gig Saturday, I can get there to set up a lot later ;-).

Man if that sells it would be tempting, but honestly it's worth $800 over the next 6 months (maybe when it will be readily available) not having to carry a rack to gigs.

But it's America and that's capitalism.

Anyway, I'm pumped for my first AX8 gig Saturday, I can get there to set up a lot later ;-).

I think it will be a lot longer than 6 months before it's "readily available"....

Same thing happened when Axe-Fx II first launched, there were many Ebay scalpers for several months because the wait-list was so backed up.

Eh, I've seen much worse. $2250 is a bit steep though....

I wouldn't sell mine for that :)

A new Axe-FX XL and MFC costs $2900. If you need a stripped down version of both and want to save $650, maybe it's not too bad.

Bottom line, this thing is worth every penny at $1399.

Last edited:
who would do that? Surely someone here on the forum? wow...why not let someone who will use it have it....

Last edited:
What's uncool about it? He has every right to sell it for whatever he can get for it, as does everyone else who bought one. Supply and demand. How is this any different than a person who bought a new Strat in 1956 selling it for $100k today? I'm sure the person that buys it will use it.

At least he put it on eBay and did not list it here in the Fractal Forum. I remember when the AxeII came out that there were a few sold here in the Emporium at a profit. I have no problem with them selling at a profit, but listing it here was in poor taste, IMO. Like rubbing salt in the wound for those of us that were waiting for the invite to buy.

Last edited:
To be fair, a price is just the meeting point between what people want to make vs what people want to spend. If someone wants to spend that money or more, well, so be it.
I wouldn't buy at this price, but if I had a few millions sleeping on the savings account, why would I bother for "only" 500$ ?

More power to him. Things are worth what anyone is willing to pay.

Wait your turn, or negotiate a deal you can live with from a guy who has positioned himself to profit from demand.....

Choices are a good thing.......

I've used the AX8 for three Church services now. No way I'd sell it for a profit, even an $800 profit, and then wait several months to get another one. I have no desire to go back to the rack/controller setup. Transport and setup is just too easy with the AX8!
The real question is this: if your AX8 was stolen tomorrow, would you pay $800 more to have another one now, or wait several months? ;)

I know you have a wink icon, but that's about as American as it gets. Long live the free enterprise system!

EDIT....didn't mean to reply to anyone-was jusy posting in the thread, I thought....

I think it sucks...just MO of course.. If I had the time I would bid it up--very easy to do....but then again I like

The real question is this: if your AX8 was stolen tomorrow, would you pay $800 more to have another one now, or wait several months? ;)

Personally, I'd wait. I would not be willing to overpay that much to replace it. I'd just go with a used AxeII and a used midi controller of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom