First notes on the AX8 [+ patch download]

Wow, last night I discovered the 1959SLPJump tones located in scenes 5 to 8 of the Studio Clean preset(AmpY)...stuck for hours!

This morning I wear happy eyebags:D

Last edited:
Wow very nice tones man!

A note for mark users:
Studio Clean preset uses factory cab 143 as CabL: 2x12 Bog-Sh Fn-42 Mix (OH)
Our beloved marks only have 132 factory cab slots so if you convert this preset with fractool you will find that cabL will be shifted to user's slot 11 because of this, but don't panic, you can find this IR in the "Ultrares Samples" folder inside the firmware download RAR file for mark users. You can load this into the axe and point the cab block in the right direction.

A similar thing happens with BE100 preset, CabR uses factory cab 147: 4x12 Mar-Cb M-BB-55 Mix (OH)
In this case CabR will shift to user's slot 15, but the "UltraRes Samples" folder has the cure
Can't find the CAB 4x12 Mar-Cb M-BB-55 Mix (OH) in the UltraRes Samples folder!

Hands Down STELLAR!!!!!!!

The Playing is SPOT ON awesome & the tones are to die for!!!!!

It's VERY COOL of you to share these with the Fractal Community!!!!!!

A++

Peace! X-Mann \m/

Last edited:
Really enjoyed your playing and the tones....I wanted to also ask you how you like that Charvel (Pro-mod San Dimas?) you are playing as I am thinking about adding one to my collection? Thank you for sharing the presets....I look forward to trying them out as well.
Thanks Rocco.

Edited update: Played with the BE100 preset last night for quite a while...sounded really good to my ears with the new firmware update.

Last edited:
What's up dudes! :cool:
I usually tend to stick to 3 main sounds on my AxeFx2:
1) an ultra-clean tone with no breakup at all
2) a crunch tone for classic rock/bluesy type stuff
3) a full on, balls to the wall, Marshall-flavored hi-gain tone
I literally dialed these sounds in on my new AX8 in less than an hour, so damn intuitive. I wanted to stick to factory cabs for these so what you hear is 100% AX8 going straight into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and into Cubase, no post processing.

Have fun with these! (fw V7.01) :)

Thanks Rocco you sound great..

What's up dudes! :cool:
I usually tend to stick to 3 main sounds on my AxeFx2:
1) an ultra-clean tone with no breakup at all
2) a crunch tone for classic rock/bluesy type stuff
3) a full on, balls to the wall, Marshall-flavored hi-gain tone
I literally dialed these sounds in on my new AX8 in less than an hour, so damn intuitive. I wanted to stick to factory cabs for these so what you hear is 100% AX8 going straight into a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 and into Cubase, no post processing.

Have fun with these! (fw V7.01) :)

Thankyou. Great sounding tones.

Back
Top Bottom